Kraton Whats your thoughts on the 4x4 4s line up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love my 4s Outcast. My Kraton and Typhon are setup for my bashing track (sold my Outcast 6s) and I really wanted something a little more compact for bashing behind the house/in the alley. I only have one issue with my Outcast 4s and its the damn slipper. I ended up throwing some red loctite on it but thats been my only con so far. (and the effing rx doesn't bind to my dx6r, which is bullcrap)

I cant get my 4s outcast to do standing backflips stock out of the box. Is it possible to do standing backflips with the 4s outcast?

I cant get my 4s outcast to do standing backflips stock out of the box. Is it possible to do standing backflips with the 4s outcast?
I would say maybe, you can adjust the punch setting on the esc. I think it is set near the middle of the range iirc. The manual shows how to change it.
Let us know how it goes, I've been curious also.

Just so you're aware, standing backflips are a great way to shred your drivetrain.

With my outcast 4s it was/is possible, untill I adjusted the slipperclutch and set it a bit looser. It is very hard to find the sweetspot again,.. to tight and it flips like crazy, to loose and the clutch will come loose again, even after locktite blue, maybe I will use the red locktite next time.
Btw..all with punch settings still on standard factory settings, and never broke a drivetrain yet.

Last edited:
With my outcast 4s it was possible, untill I adjusted the slipperclutch and set it a bit looser. It is very hard to find the sweetspot again,.. to tight and it flips like crazy, to loose and the clutch will come loose again, even after locktite blue, maybe I will use the red locktite next time.
Btw..all with punch settings still on standard factory settings, and never broke a drivetrain yet.
Have you cleaned your slipper screw and hubs? You may need to clean off the old loctite before using more.

Yes, with my outcast 4s it was possible, untill I adjusted the slipperclutch and set it a bit looser. It is very hard to find the sweetspot again,.. to tight and it flips like crazy, to loose and the clutch will come loose again, even after locktite blue, maybe I will usethe red locktite next time.
Have you cleaned your slipper screw and hubs? You may need to clean off the old loctite before using more.
Everything new and cleaned, tommorow is the tesdrive..? thanks

With my outcast 4s it was/is possible, untill I adjusted the slipperclutch and set it a bit looser. It is very hard to find the sweetspot again,.. to tight and it flips like crazy, to loose and the clutch will come loose again, even after locktite blue, maybe I will use the red locktite next time.
Sand the slipper spring thats might be the cause of it loosening the slipper

I beat the piss out of my Kraton 4s yesterday at the track. It seriously looked like that other guys crash testing video. My Radiolink is having terrible range issues. Some of that is to blame, but the rest is on me. Cartwheel city. Lid landings. Lawn dart nose dives.

Total carnage:

TBone front bumper let the larger screw head pop thru on the bottom. ??

Outcast 4s...update, after 2 packs of 4s batteries the slipperclutch is still holding.
No loose ends this time. For me it was full tight on the clutch and back the bold out 3/4 turn, used blue locktite and let it sit for al least 24 hours.
Now saving to get a notorius..?
Must really love them SWB wheelie machines! Lol

im so confused lol. on the one hand the 4s version i can reach 50mph and do stunts. no upgrades necessary. on the other hand the 6s is bigger more durable (some say lol) and not much slower. what should i do? lol
Is that 50mph on the stock 13t pinion gear?

Are you new here?
Welcome to AF.
I say 6S all the way. You wont look back. Getting best speed of 63MPH with the optional 16T. Stock ESC and motor using 6S BackFlip tires .Punch Level 6.
Dig into AF and read much about the 4S and 6S rigs. That will help.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back