Whats your workout?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My job IS the workout. Although I'm on the beefier side, it's a miracle I'm not obese with what I eat. I did play ice hockey from age 6 to 37 until I blew out my knee. But my job was always the chief exercise. As a general contractor, I'm always carrying around tools and materials or walking around complexes completing work orders..

Exercise is like driving a nice new Corvette 100 miles a day cause its better for it than short trips. I'll keep mine in the garage and only take it out on special occasions. In 30 yrs , which one do you think would have more value.

I went outside the other day for the first time in 2-3 weeks. Carried my 80lb truck bag down 3 flights of stairs to my car, then I drug it 1/8 mile to a bmx track and walked around following toy trucks for 2-3 hours and came back home then carried it up 3 flights of stairs. Going to be about a week to recuperate from that. Perhaps longer.
Seriously? Why are you staying in?

Work is a decent strength builder (custom crapentry- including steel roofs, and a whole bunch of random),
20201207_110510.jpg
and shooting field precision matches keeps my focus under pressure kinda working,
20210417_115619.jpg
but I live for elk hunting- which completely kicks my arse
20201120_105322.jpg

Even more so when I actually kill one
IMG_7276.JPG

While I do consider walking from the couch to the kitchen exercise, I also get up from the couch to get the mail
Hey you forgot to mention those treks to the restroom!

I have destroyed half the joints in my body at this point. My dad told me one day I would be sorry for all the dumb ass things I did when I was younger....I hate when he's right! :ROFLMAO:

Seriously my exercise has to be fairly moderate, I hate that there are things l can't do anymore. Bad knees, wrists and compressed spine make exercise more of a nuisance. I was riding my excercise bike regularly until I broke my tailbone a year and a half ago. I am just now getting to where I can use it again but am going to have to work back up to where I was.

Last edited:
Live on a large farm.
Exercise and a good daily workout are byproducts of sustainability.

In the summer: Mainly Mountain biking and BMX
In the winter: Snowshoeing, alpine skiing, XC skiing (skate), walking around, indoor biking...

It's getting difficult in the winter these days. We decided not to ski last winter due to the Covid. Snowshoeing and XC skiing are not super compatible with a kid, indoor biking sucks, but it's the best I got these days. At least, I ride indoor on a roller trainer, so the feeling on the bike is good and the risk of crashing is very real, so it keeps things interesting. :)

In the summer: Mainly Mountain biking and BMX
In the winter: Snowshoeing, alpine skiing, XC skiing (skate), walking around, indoor biking...

It's getting difficult in the winter these days. We decided not to ski last winter due to the Covid. Snowshoeing and XC skiing are not super compatible with a kid, indoor biking sucks, but it's the best I got these days. At least, I ride indoor on a roller trainer, so the feeling on the bike is good and the risk of crashing is very real, so it keeps things interesting. :)
This I HAVE to know....crash on an indoor roller stand? Enlighten me lol

This I HAVE to know....crash on an indoor roller stand? Enlighten me lol
It's not hard, a little side slip and off the edge you go! I used to ride wheelies on my rollers, crashed a few times until I mastered it.

Go to the gym 3-4 times a week. 1st day of the week is shoulders and biceps, 2nd day is back chest and triceps, 3rd day is a mix of it all, and 4th day might be cardio if I feel it.

I start my week with a 1.5-2 hour heavy chest day on Sunday morning. Then get up at 4:45am M-F to work on powerlifting technique and accessory/speed work for about 1.5 hours. 💪🏼

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back