Wheel alignment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andynero

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Hi
Quick question on the wheel toe-in/caster adjustment.
I just got my Nero yesterday and noticed that the front wheels are slightly point outwards from the center.
How do i adjust this or is this normal?
Thanks!

Andynero

adjust the camber - the silver pole that extends from the wheels has two ends that you can twist - It will center those wheels.

adjust the camber - the silver pole that extends from the wheels has two ends that you can twist - It will center those wheels.
Hi
Julian thanks for the reply.
I think its not the camber but the toe-in adjustment. When I'm looking down straight on the tire from the top I see that the right tire is turning to the right slightly whereas the left tire is pointing straight. How do I adjust this?

Thanks
Andynero

I just got my Nero and noticed that the front wheels are toed out slightly. But if I lift the front of the truck they point straight. I wonder if they are set to be toed out so when the truck is under power and the back is squatted with the front in the air, they are actually pointing straight?

Hi
Quick question on the wheel toe-in/caster adjustment.
I just got my Nero yesterday and noticed that the front wheels are slightly point outwards from the center.
How do i adjust this or is this normal?
Thanks!

Andynero

Drive it first before you adjust. These trucks were built for speed and bash. They're set-up like a buggy which is great in handling. I got mine the same and I race buggies. Handling of this truck is superb. I would leave it as is.

Drive it first before you adjust. These trucks were built for speed and bash. They're set-up like a buggy which is great in handling. I got mine the same and I race buggies. Handling of this truck is superb. I would leave it as is.
The steering arm adjusts toe in I believe.. Also take the wheel off and unscrew the red pillowball protectors. The pillowball are adjustable as well. The three in the back are absolutely sick. Never seen three like that. My other MT has two in each.

The steering arm adjusts toe in I believe.. Also take the wheel off and unscrew the red pillowball protectors. The pillowball are adjustable as well. The three in the back are absolutely sick. Never seen three like that. My other MT has two in each.

Thanks For the info.
So I finally ran the nero for the first time today. Went out to the local park and ripped it on a freshly cut grass field. It was a blast!
Although I'm not sure if it was because I was on the grass field I thought itd be bit faster. Mind you I'm not using 6s batteries just 4s. I couldn't do any wheelies that I'm seeing people do on YouTube. Maybe it was BC it was on grass?
Regardless it was very much fun to drive it. Had my gf drive it too and she thought it was fast too!
Oh and btw just was wondering what you guys running time is like. I have 2 x SPC 6500mah 65C batteries and I think I got around 20min of running time. I'm not sure exactly as I wasn't timing but around that mark. Anyways fun toy!

Andynero

Thanks For the info.
So I finally ran the nero for the first time today. Went out to the local park and ripped it on a freshly cut grass field. It was a blast!
Although I'm not sure if it was because I was on the grass field I thought itd be bit faster. Mind you I'm not using 6s batteries just 4s. I couldn't do any wheelies that I'm seeing people do on YouTube. Maybe it was BC it was on grass?
Regardless it was very much fun to drive it. Had my gf drive it too and she thought it was fast too!
Oh and btw just was wondering what you guys running time is like. I have 2 x SPC 6500mah 65C batteries and I think I got around 20min of running time. I'm not sure exactly as I wasn't timing but around that mark. Anyways fun toy!

Andynero
I run 5400 50c 11.1v & 6000 40c 11.1v for the Nero. My 10 year old runs my other MT I put together myself. Same HOBBYWING but the MAX 8 combo. He uses 5500 65c 7.4v & 6500 60c 7.4v. It's 6s capable - but he's ten. He's used to his 4x4 Slash and his HPI sprint2 Flux so he freaks out driving the big boy.he literally yells and spins - priceless to watch. I have a ton of GoPro session footage to post but I am having difficulty - when I try to import from my new Mac - says incorrect format. Very annoying because my footage is sick. I LOVE to film the other truck from behind or from the front while racing each other. Jump footage too - just learning how to control them mid flight. I can't believe I love this stuff so much. This all started with buying Oliver a Redcat Volcano for Xmas. I now have 6 RCs and I'm now looking at a Kraton 2.0 and a HPI RSR sport Porche. Somebody stop me!!! I get about 1/2 hour from the 3s Lipos if I take it ez.The bigger the field - the quicker it goes. I usually run back to back packs with s ten min break to keep things civil temp wise.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    132.4 KB · Views: 83
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    157.5 KB · Views: 85
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    143.9 KB · Views: 72
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    172.3 KB · Views: 74
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    142.9 KB · Views: 79
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    188.9 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Hi
Julian thanks for the reply.
I think its not the camber but the toe-in adjustment. When I'm looking down straight on the tire from the top I see that the right tire is turning to the right slightly whereas the left tire is pointing straight. How do I adjust this?

Thanks
Andynero
Those silver arms have ends you can turn / one way - wheels toe in. Turn it the other way and toe out.

Thanks For the info.

Andynero
If you have the diff brain, lock the center diff. It will do wheelies.

If you have the diff brain, lock the center diff. It will do wheelies.
Hmmm I did try that. But no wheelies
Again maybe it's BC it was on grass and slightly wet therefore losing grip causing it to not do wheelies.
Is there any way I can check to see if my Nero is running as it should?

Andynero

Hmmm I did try that. But no wheelies
Again maybe it's BC it was on grass and slightly wet therefore losing grip causing it to not do wheelies.
Is there any way I can check to see if my Nero is running as it should?

Andynero
Try running it on a dry surface. Grass or pavement. I have a 4s set-up. It wheelies when I lock the diff.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back