Kraton Wheel bearings on the Kraton v4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dakota

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Are the stock bearings good bearings that can get wet for cleaning or will I need to get better ones ?

Are the stock bearings good bearings that can get wet for cleaning or will I need to get better ones ?
You want rubber shielded bearings. Stock are metal shielded and they don’t like water at all.

You want rubber shielded bearings. Stock are metal shielded and they don’t like water at all.
Will these work on the 2019 Kraton v4

Attachments

• 5CCEFE62-84BB-43D0-BCD8-FF84907A9387.png
    5CCEFE62-84BB-43D0-BCD8-FF84907A9387.png
    560.7 KB · Views: 69
Good set. When you open the pack, there are 4 really small bearings. Those are for the steering posts.

So these will work for the v4 ??
Yes. The changes on the V4 don't affect to many things. Difs, axles, suspension, and a host of other things remain the same.

Yes. The changes on the V4 don't affect to many things. Difs, axles, suspension, and a host of other things remain the same.
Am I good to spray my duck off with water then luv all the spots that need it .. I don’t have an air chuck

Yes might want to spray moving parts with a non grease lub as not to attract dirt. Then wipe clean.

Am I good to spray my duck off with water then luv all the spots that need it .. I don’t have an air chuck
Yes, ducks love water!
But seriously, if you spray it off with water, use WD-40 on the bearings and other metal parts. After the WD-40 dries follow it with a dry lube spray as @Brandon said. WD-40 makes a dry lube that works pretty well.

Yes, ducks love water!
But seriously, if you spray it off with water, use WD-40 on the bearings and other metal parts. After the WD-40 dries follow it with a dry lube spray as @Brandon said. WD-40 makes a dry lube that works pretty well.
I find Teflon based bike chain lube to be a good option for a lube as it is designed to stay on things that move and not to attract dirt.

Yes, ducks love water!
Sorry about the spelling guys my phone auto corrects .. this is the spray I bought supposed to be good . So should I do wd 40 first then wipe off and spray with this . Or just use this ?

Attachments

• D7B46BD0-643C-4D4D-AB06-FD93C76D9BB6.png
    D7B46BD0-643C-4D4D-AB06-FD93C76D9BB6.png
    365.1 KB · Views: 49
Sorry about the spelling guys my phone auto corrects .. this is the spray I bought supposed to be good . So should I do wd 40 first then wipe off and spray with this . Or just use this ?
That is exactly what I was talking about.

Is it ok that I don’t have an air chuck .. just let it self dry or would a blow dryer be better than nothing
I would use the blow drier, anything to help get the water off of it.

Ok so the bearings in my v4 wheels should not get wet? So now I need.to get rubber bearings and buy a spray and grease for then after each run involving dirt/mud?

Ok so the bearings in my v4 wheels should not get wet? So now I need.to get rubber bearings and buy a spray and grease for then after each run involving dirt/mud?
You can get them wet, just clean then off afterwards, dry them and use a dry lube. You shouldn't leave bearings wet for too long, even sealed ones.

Thanks so the rubber shielded just last linger were I to miss some water? I so have a compressor
Yes, the rubber seal keeps dirt out, so they last longer. The metal shielded stock bearings don't do a very good job if you ride it around in dirt or sand.

Buy them from Fast Eddy's: https://www.fasteddybearings.com/arrma-kraton-blx-sealed-bearing-kit/

(10) 8x16x5 - one in the outside of each wheel hub (4), 2 on the outside of the 3 diffs (6)
(2) 8x19x6 - one in the inside of the front and rear diff bulkhead (2)
(4) 15x21x4 - one in the inside of each wheel hub
(2) 5x11x4 - one on the outside of of the front and rear diff bulkhead (2)
(4) 6x10x3 - see below

These small bearings replace the bushings in the bellcrank and servo saver hub.
You will be removing these:
0cc5344c21a4b05881b9db920eaa47120d84c0d573d4ec107393e7660fe501d7.jpg

Two are found in the top and bottom of steering bellcrank:
1fa618b9a48986c6ee312796b561723c20ff0a1b157833569b6f25ce04f54387.jpg

The other two are in the top and bottom of the servo saver hub:
643efb360a4a0fe8c776b0867e2cd03516ba81df0e61c1ffeef3bca89fc3f6c4.jpg

When you pull off the steering assembly, sometimes the bottom bushings will get stuck on the steering posts.
97f737d1422aad5eca4961a2372a4b3a39b0487f6f809880291cbde01b982240.jpg

Hope this helps. And I will be honest with you. I use Fast Eddy rubber shielded bearings and I never clean them or even dry them with a compressor after I get them wet. They have lasted for months. I do check them periodically and just replace them when they feel gritty. As fas as actually seizing, I have had about 4 seize out of the 6 Arrma trucks that I run. Obviously drying them is a good thing. I am just too lazy.

Buy them from Fast Eddy's: https://www.fasteddybearings.com/arrma-kraton-blx-sealed-bearing-kit/

(10) 8x16x5 - one in the outside of each wheel hub (4), 2 on the outside of the 3 diffs (6)
(2) 8x19x6 - one in the inside of the front and rear diff bulkhead (2)
(4) 15x21x4 - one in the inside of each wheel hub
(2) 5x11x4 - one on the outside of of the front and rear diff bulkhead (2)
(4) 6x10x3 - see below

These small bearings replace the bushings in the bellcrank and servo saver hub.
You will be removing these: View attachment 35106
Two are found in the top and bottom of steering bellcrank:
View attachment 35107
The other two are in the top and bottom of the servo saver hub:
View attachment 35108
When you pull off the steering assembly, sometimes the bottom bushings will get stuck on the steering posts.
View attachment 35109

Hope this helps. And I will be honest with you. I use Fast Eddy rubber shielded bearings and I never clean them or even dry them with a compressor after I get them wet. They have lasted for months. I do check them periodically and just replace them when they feel gritty. As fas as actually seizing, I have had about 4 seize out of the 6 Arrma trucks that I run. Obviously drying them is a good thing. I am just too lazy.
Thank you for this! I have a set on the way so this will be very helpful.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back