Granite Wheel Driveshafts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
Since I went with the big motor, this is the one area where I am having a pretty constant issue. The wheel drive shafts separates at the joint. In this most recent case, it tore right out. This is the front right wheel axle half that contains the wheel hub.

20180927_085549.jpg

Usually it is the rear drive shaft and it breaks where the axle attaches to the differential.

I wonder how these will hold up on the new BLX version. I believe they use the same composite slider drivesafts as the Mega. This might become an issue.

Was this the granite or the senton? And are you running stock wheels and tires, or something wider and/or taller? I could see this being an issue with taller tires and the extra torque being run through them.

Was this the granite or the senton? And are you running stock wheels and tires, or something wider and/or taller? I could see this being an issue with taller tires and the extra torque being run through them.
Granite running Proline trenchers.

Thankfully, Arrma has steel CVD's on the radar. I hope these turn up quicker than that HD diff input that was listed for Feb delivery, but didn't ship till September...
https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXGYRS&P=7

$40 a pair is also not exciting, but better than breaking every run.

Try upgrading Traxxas shafts to metal if the Arrrma steel cvds last $80 might be a bargain in comparison.

Well considering I just broke another it looks like I'll be spending some coin.

I just busted another front driveshaft on 4s. Punch is at 90% (meanimg a lot of control). Slipper is loose. I don't get it.

On a related note, I noticed that the new Granite BLX seems to run some sort of punch no matter how high you set it. I have the punch basically turned off at setting 5, and yet it still seems like there is a delay when you hit the throttle. I bet Arrma did this so that people wouldn't be tearing up wheel drive shafts left and right on the new model. The upgraded driveshafts can't come out soon enough.

Just busted a front composite slider drivesaft on the new 3s BLX. Hinge pin pulled out on the half that attaches to the wheel axle. The replacements are $17 a set and if another one goes I may try for warranty.

Well a second one busted and I submitted it for warranty. They approved it and are sending me a replacement set if composite slider driveshafts. Once again I am pleased with Arrma warranty and support!

20181107_073245.jpg

Am I the only one breaking these? I broke 3 today. Two rear and one front. All on the same battery pack. I just pre-ordered the upgraded cvd’s from Tower. It says mid November. Can’t come soon enough. I tore down my original Mega and I’m using it as parts for the time being. These driveshafts are the only thing that breaks on me.

https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p??&I=LXGYRS

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back