Talion Wheel falls off

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dani d.

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Senton 6s
  3. Senton 3s
  4. Typhon 6s
  5. Vendetta
  6. Vorteks
Can anyone recommend better Wheel HEX for my Talion. The rear right wheel (engines side) always falls off. Is there from the Arrma family possibly something suitable?

Yes they are great, have them on my Mojave. Unfortunately, the shipping is 60 dollars to Switzerland and that is dan too much for me.... Need unfortunately currently nothing from m2c, otherwise I would order the same

Yes, I know. But still nearly 100,-
We are a small island in the EU and all shipping is incredibly expensive. Therefore, I am looking for something from Arrma, which is available in Switzerland. It does not matter to me to pay some high shipping and duty when I make a larger purchase.
@KnowAir I tried it out, but unfortunately it didn't help. Kraton, Senton, Infraction hold the screws. Only with the Mojave and Talion I have / had the problems.

Have you thought about doubling up the the wheel nuts?

Yes they are great, have them on my Mojave. Unfortunately, the shipping is 60 dollars to Switzerland and that is dan too much for me.... Need unfortunately currently nothing from m2c, otherwise I would order the same
Is the wheel hex stripped?

Use higher value diff fluid in th rear, 30-50k will help. Same in the front.
It will drive better as well.
Right now, all power is going to that tire and the tire grip will cause this issue.
You could try adding a 2nd nut but that is a pain.

Yes, I know. But still nearly 100,-
We are a small island in the EU and all shipping is incredibly expensive. Therefore, I am looking for something from Arrma, which is available in Switzerland. It does not matter to me to pay some high shipping and duty when I make a larger purchase.
@KnowAir I tried it out, but unfortunately it didn't help. Kraton, Senton, Infraction hold the screws. Only with the Mojave and Talion I have / had the problems.
Yeah, the mojave is famous for wheels falling off. I haven't had any issues with them myself. Like I said, thread locker right out of the box for me.. it's important to make sure the stub axle, threads and wheel nut are free of any oil before using thread locker. Then a minimum of 12 hours, preferably 24 hours to cure. Hard to do when one is anxious to use the rig, but worth it.

Found the kyosho mp10e wheel nuts to be the best (lightweight and doesn't back out) but it's a very similar design to the stock Talion EXB, only lighter.

Make sure to retighten the lugs before every pack

Seriously, this is a thing? are you guys just not tightening it enough? am I tightening mine too much? I swear mine don't budge an inch. This is a real problem?? over 20 arrma rigs and I've NEVER had this happen before :eek: :eek:

Seriously, this is a thing? are you guys just not tightening it enough? am I tightening mine too much? I swear mine don't budge an inch. This is a real problem?? over 20 arrma rigs and I've NEVER had this happen before :eek: :eek:
I'm actually having the opposite problem. These damn (aftermarket) wheels are stuck on the car even after I remove the lug nuts 🤣🤣🤣

No I tighten the wheel nuts. Senton, Kraton, Infraction all no problem. Mojave and Talion with Locktite wheel Lost. My colleagues also did not believe it until I asked them to tighten the screw themselves and the wheel was lost again. Not a minute of driving! Mojave is now OK because everything is mounted by M2C Racing.

No I tighten the wheel nuts. Senton, Kraton, Infraction all no problem. Mojave and Talion with Locktite wheel Lost. My colleagues also did not believe it until I asked them to tighten the screw themselves and the wheel was lost again. Not a minute of driving! Mojave is now OK because everything is mounted by M2C Racing.
Every time you strip a wheel, the wheel Must be replaced or repaired before the next run or it wheel just fall off again.

Every time you strip a wheel, the wheel Must be replaced or repaired before the next run or it wheel just fall off again.
Yeah I used to glue the hex to the wheel if I stripped it. My HPI Savage is like that, half the hexes are welded to the wheels. It's different now, but this has been a problem for ages across different makes and designs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back