Wheel hex grub screws - 1.5mm or 0.050" hex?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
Evening bashers and/or blasters! I recently treated myself to the Senton BLX 3S V3 and have enjoyed tinkering with it in anticipation of the batteries to arrive. Although the included 2mm and 2.5mm Allen keys have sufficed for now, following recommendations on this forum I am presently on the lookout for a more durable driver kit. The forum provides many solid leads to that effect and I am sure I will be able to source what I need.
A particular question that I still have, is which size hex driver is required to match up with the wheel hex grub screws (AR724303) - even the smallest (2mm) Allen key included with the kit appears to still be too large. The informative locked "which tools to get" thread by WoodiE mentions both 1.5mm hex and 0.050" hex as useful tools, so I suspect it is one of those. Furthermore, would anyone happen to know if the Senton uses both 1.5mm and 0.050", or would I only require one of these in addition to the 2mm and 2.5mm?

Last edited:
Hex grub is 1.5mm
MIP is what I use. Most others also.
There are some other good brands out there like Vanquish and Protek and even Wiha is not bad at the cheaper price. But not many good ones out there.
And there are tons of junk out there. Your wallet , your call.
I have cheaper sets floating around for field repair. Depends what part I am wrenching. I usually grab the MIP's. They don't wear out. I have set from 5 years ago, tips look good. I don't abuse them though, I wipe the tips before use. Oil/ dirt on the tips when used on the fasteners wears them and the screws out. Yeah I am anal about my tools. :ROFLMAO:
Throw the boxed allen wrenches to the side. Ok in a pinch when you need a very short hex wrench. But don't use them as a rule. They will ruin your hardware real fast.

Amazon.com: Moores Ideal Products 9502 Metric Hex Wrench Set: Toys & Games

Welcome to Arrma Forum.

Last edited:
Hex grub is 1.5mm
MIP is what I use. Most others also.
There are some other good brands out there like Vanquish and Protek and even Wiha is not bad at the cheaper price. But not many good ones out there.
And there are tons of junk out there. Your wallet , your call.
I have cheaper sets floating around for field repair. Depends what part I am wrenching. I usually grab the MIP's. They don't wear out. I have set from 5 years ago, tips look good. I don't abuse them though, I wipe the tips before use. Oil/ dirt on the tips when used on the fasteners wears them and the screws out. Yeah I am anal about my tools. :ROFLMAO:
Throw the boxed allen wrenches to the side. Ok in a pinch when you need a very short hex wrench. But don't use them as a rule. They will ruin your hardware real fast.

Amazon.com: Moores Ideal Products 9502 Metric Hex Wrench Set: Toys & Games

Welcome to Arrma Forum.
Hi Src! Thank you so much for your kind welcome and very helpful info and tips. I just found Wiha drivers in the appropriate sizes that I am going to pull the trigger on. Just picked up the ordered batteries from the post agency as well so I should be good to go...

Thanks again for your time!

Back