Typhon wheel hex help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy20081

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
i stripped a factory wheel hex today an i wondering if it's worth going to an offset wheel hex like hot racing or another brand or should i stick with stock. I usually use this thing on dirt jumps. If its worth going to a offset hex i would like to know who makes a good set that i wont have to deal with later on because they are crap.

i stripped a factory wheel hex today an i wondering if it's worth going to an offset wheel hex like hot racing or another brand or should i stick with stock. I usually use this thing on dirt jumps. If its worth going to a offset hex i would like to know who makes a good set that i wont have to deal with later on because they are crap.
Welcome!

I am not certain which Typhon you have 3S or 6S. If the stock has been good and this is just an accident or just 1-off bad luck...stay with the stock, get a full set at JRC and have spares on hand.

If you are good with what you are running, do not need bigger tires, and cool with stock hex not sure if you are 14mm or 17mm but good what you running, does not flip when turning so no need for a wider stance, etc...stock is good.

Again...all about how you bash and what you need. Sometimes things break due to our mistakes is our fault, not the part. Just need a quick replacement go with stock for cheap at Jenny's RC.

Welcome!

I am not certain which Typhon you have 3S or 6S. If the stock has been good and this is just an accident or just 1-off bad luck...stay with the stock, get a full set at JRC and have spares on hand.

If you are good with what you are running, do not need bigger tires, and cool with stock hex not sure if you are 14mm or 17mm but good what you running, does not flip when turning so no need for a wider stance, etc...stock is good.

Again...all about how you bash and what you need. Sometimes things break due to our mistakes is our fault, not the part. Just need a quick replacement go with stock for cheap at Jenny's RC.
sorry 3s
I kind of would like to run some bigger tires on this but I'm not really sure how to go about it. I want to go next size up whatever that maybe, but I also want to change the gearing, so I won't have to deal with temp problems i think it would help soften the landing with more side wall on the tires but i could be going at this all wrong an worry too much about it. Any help and wisdom would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
sorry 3s
I kind of would like to run some bigger tires on this but I'm not really sure how to go about it. I want to go next size up whatever that maybe, but I also want to change the gearing, so I won't have to deal with temp problems i think it would help soften the landing with more side wall on the tires but i could be going at this all wrong an worry too much about it. Any help and wisdom would be much appreciated.

I'm not an expert in gearing and tires, so get feedback and research first. Yes, you can get all into issue with a 3S if not done right as you stated.

I'd rather you keep it as a 3S and at some point buy a 6S Typhon from here and the cost of upgrades to a 3S, depending on how far you would go, would be the cost of a used 6S Typhon.

I'm not an expert in gearing and tires, so get feedback and research first. Yes, you can get all into issue with a 3S if not done right as you stated.

I'd rather you keep it as a 3S and at some point buy a 6S Typhon from here and the cost of upgrades to a 3S, depending on how far you would go, would be the cost of a used 6S Typhon.
I hear you there I've had the thought just leave it as is an go 6s kraton.

sorry 3s
Typhon 4x4 is a buggy. Want to make it a Truggy of sorts with Monster truck tires etc..????? Think hard about that. Sure many do this. Softening big air landing is not a good enough reason to meet your objective IMHO. Just me. It is your call ultimately. Widening the Track Width with more offset can also work against you. And many MT tires already have additional offset at the wheel in most cases And you are opening up a new can of worms. Altering your final drive ratio. Typhon has short Arms for Smaller Buggy wheels. I would stay with stock hex axel parts. Get a 4x4 BRCC if you want a Monster truck. Or just step up to the 6s line of Arrma rigs.
Just because a stock part breaks does not mean it was a "Bad" part at all. Sometimes user error is to blame. Doesn't makes sense to throw extra coin at something due to plain user error. Just a band-aid fix. A crutch solution for poor driving in many cases.
Could even be wrenching error or neglect.

Above Edited.

Last edited:
Typhon 4x4 is a buggy. Want to make it a Truggy of sorts with Monster truck tires etc..????? Think hard about that. Sure many do this. Softening big air landing is not a good enough reason to meet your objective IMHO. Just me. It is your call ultimately. Widening the Track Width with more offset can also work against you. And you are opening up a new can of worms. I would stay with stock hex axel parts.
Just because a stock part breaks does not mean it was a "Bad" part at all.
I don't blame the part it was my doing just trying to justify going wider or sticking with stock

Many ways to slice it.
Only you can judge how to proceed. What works for you in the end.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back