Kraton Wheel hexes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ole Fart51

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
  2. Talion
I have been trying several wheel and tire combinations on my Kraton and Talion. I found the Redcat Terremoto wheels and tires work great with little ballooning, The problem is the hub mounting area on the terremoto wheel is very thick and only allows half the wheel nut onto the hex. I am looking to replace the hexes with longer threaded area to allow wheel nut to fully hold the wheels on. Is there any replacement hexes that have longer threads to fit the Kraton?

That sounds like a good idea.

I have been trying several wheel and tire combinations on my Kraton and Talion. I found the Redcat Terremoto wheels and tires work great with little ballooning, The problem is the hub mounting area on the terremoto wheel is very thick and only allows half the wheel nut onto the hex. I am looking to replace the hexes with longer threaded area to allow wheel nut to fully hold the wheels on. Is there any replacement hexes that have longer threads to fit the Kraton?
Will these fit?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Redcat-Raci...753052?hash=item1c691030dc:g:5wEAAOSwnNBXaFO7

My buddy has a terremotto and i have his stock wheels and tires, i had them on nero but they blew off in 10 seconds so i superglued them but haven't put them back on since...

My buddy has a terremotto and i have his stock wheels and tires, i had them on nero but they blew off in 10 seconds so i superglued them but haven't put them back on since...
Wow, Hopefully that doesn't happen to me. So far I have only run them a few times because the hex threads are not long enough. But I have run them hard and I added a bead of glue before I used them. So far they are working great. The best combo I found so far is the Redcat Avalanche tires. I bought them un-assembled, Taped the inside and plugged the vent hole. Have run about 20 4s packs with no tire problems.

IMG_6720.JPG
Check that, put 6s in the Talion and nearly blew up the Terremoto tires. Made a easy mod to the tires and now I can open this beast up with no ballooning at all. 80lb braided fishing line glued

View attachment 3834 Check that, put 6s in the Talion and nearly blew up the Terremoto tires. Made a easy mod to the tires and now I can open this beast up with no ballooning at all. 80lb braided fishing line glued

I ruined the stock tires the first time i used my talion on 6s the front 2 tore alart in the first few mins of running, would you know if the car is safe to run on 3s? The manual says 4 to 6 but it will still drive on 3..

From what I understand it is not recommended to run 3s because the ESC cannot recognize it . I run mostly on 4s, plenty fast and controllable. I have a Talion that I built from a roller. Momba monster2 2250kv combo. This allows me to run 5s which is faster than stock on 6s. I actually run 3s mostly on my Talion

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back