Senton Wheel hub/axle disconnect problem ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Got a new Senton 3S BLX 2 weeks ago and have been running in my backyard in low-cut grass with a track we configured. I also made two small jumps about 6-in and 8-in off the ground out of plywood. Really nothing extreme that would beat these trucks up. We do about 90% left turns on the track plus a small oval setup with left turns. The question is has anyone had their tires fall off with the wheel hub still attached? My truck and a friend of mine who also got one recently had the same thing happen. Both of our right rear tires disconnected from the drive shaft. Nothing broke but the screw holding on the wheel hub came free. Nothing was stripped or damaged. Real easy to reassemble but did notice nothing holding it on like thread locker. We both did apply thread locker when we reinstalled and haven't had it happen again. Ironically the next day my right rear tire completely shredded itself. It didn't come unglued but completely tore apart. So is this the obvious physics lesson with the torque, vibration and RPMs with the left turns ? Should we just thread lock the other wheel hubs ? Anyone have this issue as well ? Thoughts and opinions ?

PXL_20200928_020709302.jpg

PXL_20200928_020637777.jpg

IMG_20200921_163946_01.jpg

IMG_20200920_174617.jpg

IMG_20200920_174607.jpg

Yep, they should come with thread lock on them. Use blue thread lock on the screw and leave it to set for over 24 hours or you risk it coming off again. I gut my RTR's after a quick test run to trace any factory build defects - there's always something!

Also the tyre has definitely come unglued - it's the main reason why they tear. I had a Backflip tyre split before. Ballooning is what pulls at the glue. So now after a few minutes of harsh acceleration I do a quick check on all of them, especially on new tyres, because I've found stock Dboots premounts seem to use minimal amounts of glue. It's not much of an issue as long as you check them at least after every run (the manual says every 15 minutes of run time) ?

You may be able to warranty that tyre ?

Same for me but it was a front wheel that came off. Still, it was after 8 months so not 'out the box'.

For tyres, if you want cheap, I got some of these off ebay (need 12mm hex). They need to be glued but have been holding up well so far. Perhaps slightly harder than the dboots but that's not a bad thing in my book as it now tends to skid and slide round sharp corners rather than tip and tumble.

Screenshot_20200930-112120_Samsung Internet.jpg

Yep, they should come with thread lock on them. Use blue thread lock on the screw and leave it to set for over 24 hours or you risk it coming off again. I gut my RTR's after a quick test run to trace any factory build defects - there's always something!

Also the tyre has definitely come unglued - it's the main reason why they tear. I had a Backflip tyre split before. Ballooning is what pulls at the glue. So now after a few minutes of harsh acceleration I do a quick check on all of them, especially on new tyres, because I've found stock Dboots premounts seem to use minimal amounts of glue. It's not much of an issue as long as you check them at least after every run (the manual says every 15 minutes of run time) ?

You may be able to warranty that tyre ?
Yeah. Definitely going to check the other axles. We both were surprised we didn't find any thread lock. I've had Traxxas trucks before and never had the issue. I personally am new to ARRMA so was wondering how they are. Now I know. NBD. I still love the Senton so far. And yeah. I already got an email to horizon hobbies. Seems like other people got new wheels from previous posts. Fingers crossed. Thanks for the input !
Same for me but it was a front wheel that came off. Still, it was after 8 months so not 'out the box'.

For tyres, if you want cheap, I got some of these off ebay (need 12mm hex). They need to be glued but have been holding up well so far. Perhaps slightly harder than the dboots but that's not a bad thing in my book as it now tends to skid and slide round sharp corners rather than tip and tumble.

View attachment 102425
I'll definitely look into those tires. Thanks ! Did you have to cut the body at all to get them to fit. I've been reading other threads and some people say slash tires need a little adjusting, not a direct plug and play.

Most of my axles have stayed on and withstood hard bashing without threadlocker. If it's not needed I prefer to avoid it. However, one of my wheels has recently been falling off, so I used some loc-tite.

I'll definitely look into those tires. Thanks ! Did you have to cut the body at all to get them to fit. I've been reading other threads and some people say slash tires need a little adjusting, not a direct plug and play.

The Slash 4x4 wheels is a direct fit if you are using 12mm hex AR310816. Make sure it is from Slash 4x4 or 2wd rear.

Had something similar happen to my Senton. One of my rear tyres unglued from the rim and the foam got destroyed. I bought the 12mm hexes so I could try if the wheels from my Slashes and Associated SC10's would fit.
When I was gonna mount the hex, I noticed there was some play in the axle. The screw that holds the axle to the driveshaft was loose. Seems like they forgot to put threadlock on the rear axles on mine. Front axles felt like there was a little but I took them apart so now I have threadlock on all four.

They were direct fit (after the 12mm hex ). A few mm larger diameter but no rubbing anywhere. Look good as well.

20200930_195615.jpg

Last edited:
Had something similar happen to my Senton. One of my rear tyres unglued from the rim and the foam got destroyed. I bought the 12mm hexes so I could try if the wheels from my Slashes and Associated SC10's would fit.
When I was gonna mount the hex, I noticed there was some play in the axle. The screw that holds the axle to the driveshaft was loose. Seems like they forgot to put threadlock on the rear axles on mine. Front axles felt like there was a little but I took them apart so now I have threadlock on all four.
Yeah I'm going to thread lock all four as well. Just to be safe. Going to give these tires another chance. Plan on just staying stock as long as I can. Got a warranty claim in and hopefully I'll get some new ones.
These were direct fit (after the 12mm hex ). A few mm larger diameter but no rubbing anywhere. Look good as well.

View attachment 102457
Yeah I got the 12 mm on order. For the price of those I'm going to give them a shot. Thanks again !

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back