Kraton Wheel hubs and knuckles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terrance

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I was wondering how different are the wheel hubs and knuckles on the Kraton Exb and the V4? Could I use an Exb set on my V4? Trying to order a set of Vitavon and all I can find is the set for the Exb.

Are you wanting to use the Vivaton wheels on your 6S V4 Kraton???

No the wheel hubs and knuckles. But I got my answer yes they will fit. Already ordered them.
Ya the vitaton knuckles and hubs vive the part number to be a direct replacement for the kraton exb so I was wondering if they will fit the v4 too but they will apparently so I got em coming. Excited cause they look so good and are apparently the best out there. Difd housings are next.

I believe he hubs and knuckles are the same for the EXB Kraton, V4 and V5 Kratons. Did you check part numbers. Do they cross over. Last I heard the Mojave hubs are the same parts. Am I wrong? I haven't checked this out myself recently. IDK 100%. Go to Arrm-RC.com. They have a parts cross reference list in their Mega site section. You can download it in PDF. Just an idea.

EDIT:

Yeah I want them for my V1 Mojave RTR also. The Vivatons are costly. Yes $sweet$ at $200 for the set. The Mojave is limited with wheel and tire choices. The PL UDR Hyrax tires are not cheap either. You can only use that one PL tire with those Vivaton wheels. Kind of restricted there also. But Beadlocks are nice and reusable. Providing bashing the Kraton wont pull them out of the wheels.

Disregard above.....I got yah Hubs and knuckles. Not the wheels. HR would be my go to hubs. But the Vivatons look nice too.

Last edited:
I believe he hubs and knuckles are the same for the EXB Kraton, V4 and V5 Kratons. Did you check part numbers. Do they cross over. Last I heard the Mojave hubs are the same parts. Am I wrong? I haven't checked this out myself recently. IDK 100%. Go to Arrm-RC.com. They have a parts cross reference list in their Mega site section. You can download it in PDF. Just an idea.

EDIT:

Yeah I want them for my V1 Mojave RTR also. The Vivatons are costly. Yes $sweet$ at $200 for the set. The Mojave is limited with wheel and tire choices. The PL UDR Hyrax tires are not cheap either. You can only use that one PL tire with those Vivaton wheels. Kind of restricted there also. But Beadlocks are nice and reusable. Providing bashing the Kraton wont pull them out of the wheels.

Disregard above.....I got yah Hubs and knuckles. Not the wheels. HR would be my go to hubs. But the Vivatons look nice too.
Ya someone messaged and put me on to the parts cross reference thing. Thats how I found out they will in fact fit. I paid 135 Canadian including shipping for the set of 4 so not bad at all considering how well they are made and the reviews they have gotten. Cheers man I appreciate the reply!

I have my eyes on Vivaton also. Thanks for the heads up. This company seems fairly new on the scene. And its great to always have many brand options out there. Even for logistics in the parts train and $shipping$ reasons. Some brands are just supported better in some regions than others.
Regarding the Arrma Parts cross reference, its truly the bible for Arrma parts if you are all in with Arrma.
Be warned however, I have found errors with it. But it gets updated here and there. Just double check what you see there.

Ya someone messaged and put me on to the parts cross reference thing. Thats how I found out they will in fact fit. I paid 135 Canadian including shipping for the set of 4 so not bad at all considering how well they are made and the reviews they have gotten. Cheers man I appreciate the reply!
Have a link for that steal of a deal? That would be what $100+/- USD?

I have my eyes on Vivaton also. Thanks for the heads up. This company seems fairly new on the scene. And its great to always have many brand options out there. Even for logistics in the parts train and $shipping$ reasons. Some brands are just supported better in some regions than others.
Regarding the Arrma Parts cross reference, its truly the bible for Arrma parts if you are all in with Arrma.
Be warned however, I have found errors with it. But it gets updated here and there. Just double check what you see there.
Thanks man. I talked with the owner of Vitavon finally as well and he assured me it will fit very well. I was going to go HR but it didn't sit well with me that I would have to buy 2 other parts on top of the housing itself. GPM was out of the question for me. Tbh the Vitavon parts seem so well made and have such great reviews it seemed like a no brainer to grab them.

I believe the Vivaton hubs have oversized inner bearings??? Correct?
Like HR does. That's a plus.
And that would be the only one reason I would consider alloy hubs to begin with. ?‍♂️ The stock inner bearings have very narrow races and the balls are just too fine/small and brick out easily. Arrmas use of that bearing size is incorrect in it's application and a design defect IMHO. Those inner bearings are replaced so often, I am getting sick of it. I replace those stock inners like 4-5 times over before I have to replace the outer hub bearings.:(
I could see using a ceramic bearing for the inner hub side as an alternative to going upgrade hubs. Might work. Not sure. Depends on the cost, if practical versus the hub upgrade. I am partial to plastic hubs however.
Boca bearing has 15x21x4mm Ceramics for $23. (each). Ouch. And I have 5 6s rigs.

Last edited:
And that would be the only one reason I would consider alloy hubs to begin with. ?‍♂️ The stock inner bearings have very narrow races and the balls are just too fine/small and brick out easily. Arrmas use of that bearing size is incorrect in it's application and a design defect IMHO. Those inner bearings are replaced so often, I am getting sick of it. I replace those stock inners like 4-5 times over before I have to replace the outer hub bearings.:(
I could see using a ceramic bearing for the inner hub side as an alternative to going upgrade hubs. Might work. Not sure. Depends on the cost, if practical versus the hub upgrade. I am partial to plastic hubs however.
Boca bearing has 15x21x4mm Ceramics for $23. (each). Ouch. And I have 5 6s rigs.
Ya those stock bearings are horrible man. Well see how these go they have been really good for some of my friends.

Rear cvd's will solve the bearings issue. And larger bearings are a plus, i have the HR hubs.
My rear bearings didn't last 3 lipo's (in loose sand) and now i can bash my Kraton 6s all year long without replacing a bearing.
It's a design flaw of the rear wheel axles:

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/bearings-mayhem.5415/

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back