Kraton Wheel is dangling after crash into fence post

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2morrow Muggins

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
Brand New to RC Cars/Trucks...I purchased my first Kraton 4s...As I took it out for my first run ever...I was having a great time just taking it easy and learning until right before i was about to call it quits...BOOM...i bang my front right wheel into a metal fence post. Out snaps the wheel. When i lifted the truck up the wheel was dangling. Upon inspection from what i can observe i broke the right arm & the top part of the shock just snapped off. I know i need a new arm...i'm just not sure if i need the whole shock or just the top part the that u screw into. Please if anyone can help as i've included pictures...I had an amazing fun first run ever for 1/2 hour lol
20200121_083242.jpg

Attachments

• 20200119_162001.jpg
    20200119_162001.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 50
  • 20200121_083259.jpg
    20200121_083259.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 44
  • 20200121_083316.jpg
    20200121_083316.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 39
  • 20200121_083334.jpg
    20200121_083334.jpg
    267.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 20200121_083406.jpg
    20200121_083406.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 42
  • 20200121_083427.jpg
    20200121_083427.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 36
Brand New to RC Cars/Trucks...I purchased my first Kraton 4s...As I took it out for my first run ever...I was having a great time just taking it easy and learning until right before i was about to call it quits...BOOM...i bang my front right wheel into a metal fence post. Out snaps the wheel. When i lifted the truck up the wheel was dangling. Upon inspection from what i can observe i broke the right arm & the top part of the shock just snapped off. I know i need a new arm...i'm just not sure if i need the whole shock or just the top part the that u screw into. Please if anyone can help as i've included pictures...I had an amazing fun first run ever for 1/2 hour lolView attachment 61796
Based on this photo, the cap you need comes as part of a full set. I suggest you just buy a completely built set from Jennys Rc.
Screenshot_20200121-095855_Samsung Internet.jpg

Based on this photo, the cap you need comes as part of a full set. I suggest you just buy a completely built set from Jennys Rc. View attachment 61808
Based on this photo, the cap you need comes as part of a full set. I suggest you just buy a completely built set from Jennys Rc. View attachment 61808
is there anything else that i need to do to these shocks before installing them...like fill with oil and if so where can i get it..type/brand?

is there anything else that i need to do to these shocks before installing them...like fill with oil and if so where can i get it..type/brand?
You will need shock oil. The easy one to find is Team Associated but any brand will do fine. Look for 35wt or 425cst in any given brand

I will say get an upgraded front shocks
The stock ones is a hit or miss if they start to leak
Typhon 6s shocks would be the best option or the hot racing shock bodies but i cant realky recommand them because they don't sell spares for their products
(They are made of alluminum)

I will say get an upgraded front shocks
The stock ones is a hit or miss if they start to leak
Typhon 6s shocks would be the best option or the hot racing shock bodies but i cant realky recommand them because they don't sell spares for their products
(They are made of alluminum)
Thank You for your response...:) would it be too much trouble to send me the link to the Typhon 6s shocks...would it be an issue if one leaves the stock shocks in the back and upgrade the front shocks to Typhon 6? is it best to swap out all of them?

Brand New to RC Cars/Trucks...I purchased my first Kraton 4s...As I took it out for my first run ever...I was having a great time just taking it easy and learning until right before i was about to call it quits...BOOM...i bang my front right wheel into a metal fence post. Out snaps the wheel. When i lifted the truck up the wheel was dangling. Upon inspection from what i can observe i broke the right arm & the top part of the shock just snapped off. I know i need a new arm...i'm just not sure if i need the whole shock or just the top part the that u screw into. Please if anyone can help as i've included pictures...I had an amazing fun first run ever for 1/2 hour lolView attachment 61796

Grab some rpm arms, the stock ones break fairly easy.. the rpm arms should last you a long time..

Where do you live? I'll send you a set of shock bodies if you want them as long as your in the USA...

Also make sure the turnbuckles aren't bent.. that is the rod above and the one behind the a-arm...

Unlike above, I will highly recommend the hr bodies.. those combined with standard shafts,perches and rod ends is a great suit to the 4s line.. but you can certainly use typhon 6s shocks if you would like

Grab some rpm arms, the stock ones break fairly easy.. the rpm arms should last you a long time..

Where do you live? I'll send you a set of shock bodies if you want them as long as your in the USA...

Also make sure the turnbuckles aren't bent.. that is the rod above and the one behind the a-arm...

Unlike above, I will highly recommend the hr bodies.. those combined with standard shafts,perches and rod ends is a great suit to the 4s line.. but you can certainly use typhon 6s shocks if you would like

Hey Camaro...ty for your response...I've been going mental today trying to find the best parts for my mishap...I waited 5 days for a tiny loop wire because I'm running 4s...so i was desperate to get out... now after just one run I'm stuck again :( and Yes i'm in NYC...and ty for telling me about the shock bodies they are not bent :)...those HRBs sound sweet...jsut tell me what i need to get for them..specifically...I will greatly appreciate it...thank you sooo much
Hey Camaro...ty for your response...I've been going mental today trying to find the best parts for my mishap...I waited 5 days for a tiny loop wire because I'm running 4s...so i was desperate to get out... now after just one run I'm stuck again :( and Yes i'm in NYC...and ty for telling me about the shock bodies they are not bent :)...those HRBs sound sweet...jsut tell me what i need to get for them..specifically...I will greatly appreciate it...thank you sooo much
is there a complete set already built front&back that i can get?
You decide but they are out of stock on jennyrc they get sold in a snap of a finger du to the high demand
https://jennysrc.com/products/arrma...3&_sid=29237a7fa&_ss=r&variant=20378398162998
THANK YOU SOO MUCH!

The Typhon 6s BLX shocks seems to be sold out everywhere i look :(
You decide but they are out of stock on jennyrc they get sold in a snap of a finger du to the high demand
https://jennysrc.com/products/arrma...3&_sid=29237a7fa&_ss=r&variant=20378398162998
The Typhon 6s BLX shocks seems to be sold out everywhere i look :(

Hey buddy sorry for the delay, the hr bodies can be found on ebay...
Fronts;
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/293212964917

Rears;
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/383135560438

You can use the factory shock shafts and rod ends for now.. if you start breaking them you can get the standard shafts, perches, and rod ends...if you would rather get the stuff now the part numbers are the following...

Need 1) set Front shafts AR330203
Need 1) set Rear shafts Z-AR330497
Need 2) Perch and rod end sets AR330203

You can use the stock composite balls you have in those shocks or use hot racing ATF160B02

the offer still stands on the factory plastic bodies, if you need a set I can get them in the mail for you... just PM me your address... I'm in ct, so might be quicker than waiting for the hot racing stuff...

But your local hobby shop may have the hr bodies in stock..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back