Kraton Wheel Nut Keeps Coming Loose

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mboss

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
My wheel nut keeps coming loose...src wheels/tires...the inside of the wheel hub is a bit rounded but doesn't feel stripped...believe the cause is the outer wheel. The outer wheel is supposed to be serrated where it contacts the locking nut...but its stripped. Do you think locktite + dremel serrated slots on outer wheel will hold?

Attachments

• 20180613_214413.jpg
    20180613_214413.jpg
    428.2 KB · Views: 195
  • 20180613_214333.jpg
    20180613_214333.jpg
    263 KB · Views: 136
Just used a drop and it will break loose just fine when you need to serviceservice it. If you use a lot it will make it more difficult. I never have any issues with it not staying tight while driving and never any issues taking it apart.

If you didn't like the teflon tape idea, you could always drill and tap a small hole in the side of the carrier by the pivot ball nut and put in a short grub screw to make contact with it.

Just purchased this for the retaining nut ..has rubber ring
https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXGSBY

For my wheel...the inside hub was actually more stripped than I thought...so I cut a pin to fit in wheel hex that double the size of normal pinhttps://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXFKPN&P=M....the pin catches the stripped wheel hub (had to dremel out u shape on wheel)...sorry didnt get pic...but it works!
The HR Delrin cups would be good just for the Delrin Pivot Cups (smoother and last longer), but the integrated O-rings that capture the hub nut to steering block to prevent movement, would probably only help the cups from not coming loose (which is not the problem), and not help the pivot balls from coming loose, I would gather?

I agree with High Life MT, just use a wrap or 2 of teflon (plumbers tape on the pivot ball threads), and ensure you wrap tape in correct direction. If this does not work, then maybe try other methods...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back