Outcast Wheel nut recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robl45

Reaction score
Lost a wheel nut today. Found it, screwed it back on, tightened real well and lost it again permanently. Any recommendations for wheel nuts? I'm guessing they all pretty much the same, but maybe someone knows some good ones. Are you guys using any threadlock on them?

Yea, the other 3 are fine. This one came off and I tightened it back with a 3/8 inch socket wrench. Spun back off in 60 seconds or less. Does anyone use threadlock on them? I'm assuming my sons excitement with standing backflips isn't helping the matter, but we didn't have this issue before. I did have this issue on another truck years back and swapping out the hubs fixed it, but hopefully I don't need to do that with this one.

No locktight for me... Have a kraton and typhon and so for no problems at all with wheel nuts.

Has the thread stripped off the nut or the hub/hex a little bit ??

No locktight for me... Have a kraton and typhon and so for no problems at all with wheel nuts.

Has the thread stripped off the nut or the hub/hex a little bit ??

Not really sure. I"m assuming this is the wheel that has added problems do to it spinning the same way that would spin the nut off. I do notice the wheel itself looks a little chewed up where it goes to the hub. There is a set of 4 on ebay I'm thinking of trying. Generic but Silver so at least they be a bit easier to find if they fall off in the grass.

ROFL, I just saw on towers site that wheel nuts are out of stock for Arrma. Plenty of other places to get wheel nuts, but the parts shortage continues.

I would bet that the inside of the wheel, where the Hex goes, is rounded out. You may also have rounded out the actual HEX/hub, like @typhon34 said

I would bet that the inside of the wheel, where the Hex goes, is rounded out. You may also have rounded out the actual HEX/hub, like @typhon34 said

Inside the wheel it is rounded out a little bit, but what does that have to do with the wheel nut staying on? turning punch up to 9 so my kid can do standing backflips i'm sure didn't help things. He was trying to have a contest to see how many he could do in a row. When he got to 5, I told him it really isn't meant to do repeated backflips. If the hub could be damaged too, I'll get the nuts with the hubs, I just saw them advertised somewhere. What would I check for to see if the hub is damaged?

Rounded out corners and edges.

The hex "receiver" in the wheel being rounded out would allow the hex to rotate in side the wheel. being that the nut is screwed onto the Hex, if the Hex is turning and the wheel is not, then the nut would come unscrewed.

Rounded out corners and edges.

The hex "receiver" in the wheel being rounded out would allow the hex to rotate in side the wheel. being that the nut is screwed onto the Hex, if the Hex is turning and the wheel is not, then the nut would come unscrewed.

So I think I will move the somewhat rounded out wheel to the other side. That side should tighten the nut if it slips instead of loosening and buy me some time as the wheels aren't exactly cheap at 40 dollars for 2 if you can find them.

http://www.nitrorcx.com/1motrtiandri.html

This site used to have a ton of cheap 1/8th Monster truck tires. Now they only have the spikes left, but they are only $19 for 2 tires. I used the spikes on the last few bashes, and really like them in the grass. Zero balloon on 4s. I haven't gotten to try 6S yet, but the other tires I got from them worked well on 6S. I have not tried them on the dirt yet, but they should be good for dirt too. Here they are on the Kraton.

I read about fixing the rims with Jbweld so I'm going to try that. But I'm wondering if punch level 9 will just strip them again?

I don't know I left my punch at stock level.

As far as the nuts go, Sweep Racing sells some aftermarket wheel nuts, as does Hot Racing. but $25 for wheel nuts seems a bit extreme.

I started putting a drop of blue loctite on the wheel nuts, and crank them down pretty hard after the back right came off a couple of times. Works well.

I checked my rim last night, it didn't look stripped so I left it alone. I torqued down a spare wheel nut and used a little blue loctite in case the kid wants to play this weekend.

Do any 17mm hubs fit this thing or just the arrma ones? I know any 17mm nuts will fix.

You just need the pin to line up so the hub isnt too far off the bearing.
I have team associated ones on my typhon bit if i put those on the kraton it will need a spacer/washer behind it so the bearing stays in.
Double check these... But the v2 talion/kraton/outcast should all be the same...

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/391772536831

This is kraton vs typhon... Link to photo should work ?
The typhon is the shorter one.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8lwu10161tfmsgd/DSC_7461.JPG?dl=0

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back