Wheel sizes for kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrQQ

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hey bashers!

Bought my first arrma a few months ago (v4 Kraton).
The only changes i've made so far were:
- ARRMA wheelie bar,
- POS mudguards on the rear (center and a-arms)
- POS rear skidplate
- T-Bone front bumper

Now he is on my desk after a big hit which bent the steering plate and part of the bell crank. I had SERIOUS troubles disassembling the servo saver. Both bottom and top screws had a colossal amount of threadlock which made the fixing process a real headache. Also the servo saver right post (red one on the bell crank side) was full of threadlock which made me scratch the bottom of the post. I was almost giving up... Can't understand the ridiculous amount of threadlock!
So, heads up! If you have any problem with your steering, you'll probably have a lot of work just to unscrew and remove excess of glue.

I started on the hobby about 1 year ago. I bought a 2nd hand BSR Berserker (and i love it, its amazingly fun!). I've been rebuilding it and I bought some other stuff along the way.
I bought the louise ST-Rocket for it, but they were a bit too big for the car. Also they're so heavy that caused my drivetrain to have problems (stripped pinions, busted diffs, etc)...

Meanwhile I bought the kraton and decided to give the ST-Rocket a try on them, in 4s.
After 10min i started losing traction on the back. I went to see and the wheel hub was completely melted by the hex. The tyre is almost new...
Does anyone know if there are louise rims available? only the rim, without tyre...

Recently, i've bought two sets of wheels: Louise T-Apollo for off road and louise T-Rocket for on road.
My idea was using them on both riggs, especially the t-Rocket for on road in the kraton. I don't want to use the copperhead on road...
But the T-rocket diameter is just a bit more than 130mm, which is considerably smaller than the copperheads...

What do you guys think about this? Will the t-rocket handle the kraton power? on 4s and 6s?
Since the diameter is smaller, I may put a bigger pinion in the motor. I think that this can help to control high temps on motor because the wheels are smaller and lighter. Correct me if i'm wrong, but i think that if there is no load on the motor, it will heat like crazy and bigger pinion would add some load...

On the other hand, bigger pinion means more rotation and the question is back: will t-rockets handle the speed?

I'm also planning to buy another pair of ST-Rockets to replace the stripped one. They're intended for on road, so when I get them I'll have (bigger) on road tyres for the kraton. But I must say that i'm in doubt with it, since i didn't really liked to see the hub stripped. I don't know if it was bad luck or if the wheel is in fact extremely heavy...
Either way, i really like the idea of smaller wheels on low suspension config...

So what do you guys think about the t-rocket on the kraton?

Also, does anyone has experience with the ST-Rocket?

I've also bought GPM chassis braces. Any opinions? I know that voltage, gka or hot racing have better reputation. But they are really hard to get in europe! I rather spend 20euros on both front and rear braces, then 60 or even more. Intercontinental shipment is expensive :( I plan to change them on time...

Any upgrade suggestion would be appreciated!

This is my first post and I have so much thing to ask, so sorry for the long post and some off-topic questions... :p

Last edited:
First thing to understand with the Arrma 6 s rigs is that the areas you had excessive Thread lock, require heating the screws heads with a soldering Iron tip. Once hot enough, you will actually smell the TL and then you unscrew and disassemble.
This has been the rule for quite a while.
It appears Arrma has been using Red TL (technically not removeable) on most metal on metal fasteners considering the abuse these rigs will endure.
I use a Blue (removable) TL Gel. And that will suffice with less headaches down the road.

First thing to understand with the Arrma 6 s rigs is that the areas you had excessive Thread lock, require heating the screws heads with a soldering Iron tip. Once hot enough, you will actually smell the TL and then you unscrew and disassemble.
This has been the rule for quite a while.
It appears Arrma has been using Red TL (technically not removeable) on most metal on metal fasteners considering the abuse these rigs will endure.
I use a Blue (removable) TL Gel. And that will suffice with less headaches down the road.

I did that. And after that I cleaned the threads with the hot screw to remove excess on the inside threads... I couldn't even screw the servo saver post... Lol
As far as I know, red for grub and blue for the rest...

Any advice on the tires subject? ??

Be careful gluing grub screws in with red thread locker, they are very hard to remove if you strip them.

Smaller tyres will mean less load on the motor, the Kraton will be kind of slow without the pinion change for on road as you suggest.

If the wheel hexes are loose fitting at all they can strip when you run large tyres.

I did that. And after that I cleaned the threads with the hot screw to remove excess on the inside threads... I couldn't even screw the servo saver post... Lol
As far as I know, red for grub and blue for the rest...

Any advice on the tires subject? ??
Louise tires are generally found in the EU and are well known there. I don't have experience with them specifically. But here in the States, Proline and the OE Arrma wheels and tires dominate the market at a more affordable price point here. I heard good things about Louise Tires. But rims seem to be hit or miss. They are beautiful wheels but that doesn't necessarily make for a functional strong, quality wheel. If the Louise wheels are 2.2's I am sure PL may have an option there for you to remount your Louise tires.

Louise tires are generally found in the EU and are well known there. I don't have experience with them specifically. But here in the States, Proline and the OE Arrma wheels and tires dominate the market at a more affordable price point here. I heard good things about Louise Tires. But rims seem to be hit or miss. They are beautiful wheels but that doesn't necessarily make for a functional strong, quality wheel. If the Louise wheels are 2.2's I am sure PL may have an option there for you to remount your Louise tires.

They are 3.8... but I never thought about buying the wheel from another brand. I'll check the width and inside part diameter to see if there is any wheel available... Thanks!! ? We do have pro line here also... But for what I've read, they balloon a bit. And I opted for the Louise... The compound is really good. Tons of grip, great durability. But it's very very heavy. For what I've been pro line wheel set are considerably lighter... Got to try them...
I really love de copperheads. Really! That's why I want to save them for dirty stuff ? and they also are a a lot more lighter than the Louise.

How would you think the kraton would handle a wheel with shorter diameter?
Be careful gluing grub screws in with red thread locker, they are very hard to remove if you strip them.

Smaller tyres will mean less load on the motor, the Kraton will be kind of slow without the pinion change for on road as you suggest.

If the wheel hexes are loose fitting at all they can strip when you run large tyres.

And less load means the motor will run hotter quickly right?
Maybe that wheel was not tight... Thanks!
Do you use blue loctite on the grubs? I have another rig that can't hold the grub in the back input pinion with red loctite...

Last edited:
I think you'll have trouble with Louises ballooning on 6s.
BTW Duratrax and Louise are the same thing. I also stripped a couple of their wheels on a short course truck (12mm hex), the tires are fine (for half the price of prolines anyway) but the wheels are soft.

They are 3.8... but I never thought about buying the wheel from another brand. I'll check the width and inside part diameter to see if there is any wheel available... Thanks!! ? We do have pro line here also... But for what I've read, they balloon a bit. And I opted for the Louise... The compound is really good. Tons of grip, great durability. But it's very very heavy. For what I've been pro line wheel set are considerably lighter... Got to try them...
I really love de copperheads. Really! That's why I want to save them for dirty stuff ? and they also are a a lot more lighter than the Louise.

How would you think the kraton would handle a wheel with shorter diameter?

And less load means the motor will run hotter quickly right?
Maybe that wheel was not tight... Thanks!
Do you use blue loctite on the grubs? I have another rig that can't hold the grub in the back input pinion with red loctite...
Replace the grub screw and clean the new one in solvent ,then apply TL of choice. Grubs go bad after some use and rassx
BTW Duratrax and Louise are the same thing. I also stripped a couple of their wheels on a short course truck (12mm hex), the tires are fine (for half the price of prolines anyway) but the wheels are soft.
I heard that before regarding Duratrax and Louise. In pictures they even have the same treads from what I see and they have white sidewall lettering. Duratrax tires are less expensive. I have two sets of DTX 1/8 Truggy track Excons. They were half the price of PL equivelents. They are great tires and wheels. For bashing that is. I don't race anymore on groomed clay tracks.
Get a set of PL 3.8 F11 wheels if available unmounted to remount the Louise.I find the PL F11 wheels better than the 3.8 desperado. I've easily cracked 2 of the Desperado wheels. The F11 wheels and tires are almost bald (badlands) with no cracks at the same spoke areas..

Last edited:

yeah i've noticed that they are the same a few days ago...
The louise t-apollo just arrived. the seem small for the kraton...

Replace the grub screw and clean the new one in solvent ,then apply TL of choice. Grubs go bad after some use and rassx

I heard that before regarding Duratrax and Louise. In pictures they even have the same treads from what I see and they have white sidewall lettering. Duratrax tires are less expensive. I have two sets of DTX 1/8 Truggy track Excons. They were half the price of PL equivelents. They are great tires and wheels. For bashing that is. I don't race anymore on groomed clay tracks.
Get a set of PL 3.8 F11 wheels if available unmounted to remount the Louise.I find the PL F11 wheels better than the 3.8 desperado. I've easily cracked 2 of the Desperado wheels. The F11 wheels and tires are almost bald (badlands) with no cracks at the same spoke areas..

I took a look on the PL F11 but they will not fit... My louise wheel has bigger diameter on the inside... ;(

Here are some pics.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back