Typhon Wheel slop? Where to start?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimePancake

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
I know this is a common issue with the 3s blx but wanted to know what places to look at improving to reduce some of the slop.

Most of the play is in the hubs from what I can tell, I know the steering makes up for a lot at the front but even the rear wheels are pretty loose. Funny thing is not all the hubs have the same amount of play, iirc the rear left isn't half bad.

I'm open to suggestions, and I don't mind tinkering either. All the more fun ?

The wheel slop mostly comes of the large bearing who is attached to the driveshaft inside the wheel hub when it happens i like to use a coat of superglue i do that for my the sungear last bearing who almost doesn't stick on the shaft and on other surfaces where the bearing doesn't almost hold at all
I know this is a common issue with the 3s blx but wanted to know what places to look at improving to reduce some of the slop.

Most of the play is in the hubs from what I can tell, I know the steering makes up for a lot at the front but even the rear wheels are pretty loose. Funny thing is not all the hubs have the same amount of play, iirc the rear left isn't half bad.

I'm open to suggestions, and I don't mind tinkering either. All the more fun ?
Check also your bearings stock go bad quickly i had so far good luck with mine on my typhon. Get the hot racing pivot balls to remplace the plastic stock ones who wears and creates a lot of slop and damages the rod ends if you get the hot racing pivots balls be sure that your rod ends are in a good shape now like mine when the rod ends were sanded off because the pivot ball has literelly became a stick than a ball now im seeing my alluminum rod pivot balls being worn vs the new one son my typhon who fit with no play

The wheel slop mostly comes of the large bearing who is attached to the driveshaft inside the wheel hub when it happens i like to use a coat of superglue i do that for my the sungear last bearing who almost doesn't stick on the shaft and on other surfaces where the bearing doesn't almost hold at all

Check also your bearings stock go bad quickly i had so far good luck with mine on my typhon. Get the hot racing pivot balls to remplace the plastic stock ones who wears and creates a lot of slop and damages the rod ends if you get the hot racing pivots balls be sure that your rod ends are in a good shape now like mine when the rod ends were sanded off because the pivot ball has literelly became a stick than a ball now im seeing my alluminum rod pivot balls being worn vs the new one son my typhon who fit with no play

That's awesome thanks ? I'll hand a look at the pivot balls. I've got a pretty new set of sealed bearings on there now, so with the super glue you basically glue the bearing in to save any slop?

That's awesome thanks ? I'll hand a look at the pivot balls. I've got a pretty new set of sealed bearings on there now, so with the super glue you basically glue the bearing in to save any slop?
Not the bering lol the plastic part where the bearing sits to gets that 1mm extra arround the plastic for the bearing to sit snug and not wobble anymore you only need one tiny drop of liquid super glue and tooth pick

? Sorry that would've been a good one glue the bearing in... I'll take a look at that see how much slack is around it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back