Infraction Wheel stuck on the pin in a 17mm hex

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chocwheaton

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
Taking off my new, 1 pack old GRP S7 slicks on an infraction, and one of the wheels is very, very stuck on the hex.

The nut came off fine, but that wheel is not budging.

I don't use loctite on the wheel nuts.

The only thing I can think has happened is the pin that secures the hex has slide out a little, and worked its way into the plastic of the rim, and is stopping it from coming off.

If only it wasn't an almost brand new wheel, I wouldn't be so frustrated!

I've pulled as hard as I can. I've hit the hub that protrudes out of the wheel with a hammer and wooden block.

I don't really want to head the hub with a soldering iron as that'll surely melt he hub carrier plastic too I assume.

Any ideas? Put the whole car in the freezer and hope the metal pin shrinks and falls back into place, releasing the wheel? 🤣

Taking off my new, 1 pack old GRP S7 slicks on an infraction, and one of the wheels is very, very stuck on the hex.

The nut came off fine, but that wheel is not budging.

I don't use loctite on the wheel nuts.

The only thing I can think has happened is the pin that secures the hex has slide out a little, and worked its way into the plastic of the rim, and is stopping it from coming off.

If only it wasn't an almost brand new wheel, I wouldn't be so frustrated!

I've pulled as hard as I can. I've hit the hub that protrudes out of the wheel with a hammer and wooden block.

I don't really want to head the hub with a soldering iron as that'll surely melt he hub carrier plastic too I assume.

Any ideas? Put the whole car in the freezer and hope the metal pin shrinks and falls back into place, releasing the wheel? 🤣
I have had stuff like this happen too it's so annoying lol. Did you take the grub screw out of the hex to free up the pressure on the pin? Only other thing I would say is that when it happens to me I kind of rock the tire top to bottom And left to right a bunch of times and it comes off

Yeah i loosened that screw. I'll try again later tonight. I had to walk away so i didn't destroy anything in frustration!

I had this happen to me one time, I don’t remember what the hell caused it but I had to use a pulley/gear puller to remove it. 😮

B7B2CCD2-0F62-4EB8-A91A-EC4197B205B4.jpeg

I had this happen to me one time, I don’t remember what the hell caused it but I had to use a pulley/gear puller to remove it. 😮

View attachment 212987
I was thinking I'd need to do something like this. Wondering how i can jig up something that works as a one off to do this, as I don't have great puller.

I can't believe how stuck this week is. It's loose, but stuck!!!
Might be easier to just buy one today.

Last edited:

View attachment 212987
Ooof mine's never been that bad I had to use a puller lol

I usually screw on the nut partially and use that as extra area to push on. It's worked for me luckily... you poor bastard...lol

Got myself a gear puller, and it worked perfectly. Just make sure you get a 3 jaw one so it can spread the load across the wheel and not damage it. Some are just 2 jaw models.

I'll check the bearings, but they are very recently replaced. You never know though. It could be done already.

Got myself a gear puller, and it worked perfectly. Just make sure you get a 3 jaw one so it can spread the load across the wheel and not damage it. Some are just 2 jaw models.

I'll check the bearings, but they are very recently replaced. You never know though. It could be done already.
Or you could’ve just added a tea spoon of concrete to your Weetbix to “Harden Up”and maybe you would’ve got the wheel off the Hex 🤷‍♂️…………. Maybe 🤔

Usually this means your hex got really hot. Make sure to inspect your bearings and hubs after getting the wheel off.

Good advice same as JonD and others gave me on a post with my Kraton EXB. I do check those bearings often but on the inside rear wheel it was locking or locked during bash and that heat melted the tire on bad and got to my carrier at the same time... so replaced it as well.

The lesson for me is really to look at my wheel bearings more closely I'm sure I rushed it. Just to feel better got myself some M2C hex extenders so never be close to the carriers again :)

Every time I run these wheels it’s a female dog to get them off.
Il flip the car on its side, hold the car down by applying pressure on the wheels with my feet and pull up on the wheel while rocking it back and forth…..side to side. They eventually let go.

CF5D86DD-A956-41B8-AB24-7A718C2127DA.jpeg

77629B4A-4495-4162-A38B-9622CC898F8D.jpeg

Checked the bearings and they were fine, which is good since they are 2 weeks old :)

I suspect the tolerances in those GRP wheels is a little tight, but I don't know why or who it stuck so well.

It wasn't the drive pin in the wheel hub. That was fine. There was nothing I can see that caused it sticking. I'm lost for an explaination, but ready for when it happens again lol.

Checked the bearings and they were fine, which is good since they are 2 weeks old :)

I suspect the tolerances in those GRP wheels is a little tight, but I don't know why or who it stuck so well.

It wasn't the drive pin in the wheel hub. That was fine. There was nothing I can see that caused it sticking. I'm lost for an explaination, but ready for when it happens again lol.
Maybe add a little mortar mix too to that brekky 😂

I have this problem all the time on both my Infraction and on my Typhon 6s, specifically with GRP tires. Searched the forum and found this thread. I can switch between Hoons and GRPs all day and never have a problem with the Hoons. Guess I need to go buy a gear puller now.

I find that the GRP isn't stuck on the hex, but rather seems to be stuck on the threads for the wheel nut. Now when I encounter a GRP that sticks, after I hire the Hulk to remove it, I take a hobby knife and shave a little off the hole that the threads go through. Test if it fits, and shave a little more if necessary until it requires much less force.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back