Kraton wheel wobble

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abalducci

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
So I’ve had my Kraton 6s a few weeks now. I noticed shortly outta the box that my front two wheels and one rear wheel have a decent wobble In them. Nothing major but enough that it nags at you when you see it driving straight at you wonky as hell. I think it’s the cause to my steering trim constantly needing adjusted throughout the drive. So what I kind of see is there is a lot of slop between the steering block bearing and the cvd axle. Almost like it needs a very thin spacer. Also seems to be some slop in the pivot balls that sit in the steering block. So possibly some upgraded bearing set? Anyone else have this issue? Again it just an annoyance more than anything. I’m in love with this car. It’s such a blast. The best part is I can turn the throttle to 50% so my young ones can play with it too.

Pivot ball slop can be adjusted. Google a video for correctly adjusting the pivot balls, there are plenty around. They do loosen up pretty quickly, especially with the stock pivot ball spacers and nuts, I switched to HR ones. M2C makes some too. Changing bearings won't affect the pivot ball slop.

Try switching that rear tire to a different spot, that way you can see if something is bent, or if the tire just isn't glued perfectly straight (this is my guess, pretty common and a non-issue).

Hell ya. Sorry haven’t had much time to get back on to see any replies. Thanks for all the input guys. I’ll definitely look into the video to adjust the pivot balls. If I have to upgrade that’s what I’ll do. If I can’t figure anything out I’ll just run em till I can’t no more.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back