Wheelie bar settings?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ole Fart51

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
  2. Talion
IMG_6806.JPG
wheelie bars finally came for my two Nero's. Destroyed both bodies waiting for them. My question is, what setting do y'all find works best? I also removed the stock bushings for the wheels on the wheelie bar and installed bearings.

When I go in wheelie mode - the wide wheels provide the same stability both on and off road. To wheelie across a field is just so much fun. All my Arrmas get the full TBone treatment.

Attachments

• IMG_0482.JPG
    IMG_0482.JPG
    148.5 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_0479.JPG
    IMG_0479.JPG
    147.4 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_0466.JPG
    IMG_0466.JPG
    159 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_0493.JPG
    IMG_0493.JPG
    250.4 KB · Views: 93
I used 5x10x4 sealed bearings. Takes two per side. Go to eBay and search 5x10x4 bearings. about 10 bucks for ten. These are the same bearings I replaced the steering bushings with on my Kraton.

My Arrma wheelie bar lasted 5 mins. First real cartwheel and I broke off a wheel. Thankfully Arrma will replace it when they get them back in stock.

Attachments

• 20161126_140029.jpg
    20161126_140029.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 85
What do you mean? Lego tires and foam. Curious
my 10 year old has a wall of legos we have pull out drawers - he's a lego freak. Well - these bad boys fit on the T Bones We have a HPI Flux Sprint 2 and tons of the 26mm wheels /tires and FOAM - cut some foam and glued them on

Attachments

• IMG_0452.JPG
    IMG_0452.JPG
    178.5 KB · Views: 93
My Arrma wheelie bar lasted 5 mins. First real cartwheel and I broke off a wheel. Thankfully Arrma will replace it when they get them back in stock.
Dang! Hope that doesn't happen to me. Are the T-bone bars better?

My question is, what setting do y'all find works best?
How about that. For whatever reason I never noticed the wheelie bar was adjustable. I've been running it at the lowest setting (most forward screw), but it was a bit low. I've now raised it up one to the second hole. Seems like the right hight now.

I've been running the factory wheelie bar for months and it's survived much. It has great flexibility to avoid snags, and the wheels are nice. I prefer the snug look of it over the TBone which seems awfully large, but that's just a preference.

Nice tip on the bearings too. Thanks.

How about that. For whatever reason I never noticed the wheelie bar was adjustable. I've been running it at the lowest setting (most forward screw), but it was a bit low. I've now raised it up one to the second hole. Seems like the right hight now.

I've been running the factory wheelie bar for months and it's survived much. It has great flexibility to avoid snags, and the wheels are nice. I prefer the snug look of it over the TBone which seems awfully large, but that's just a preference.

Nice tip on the bearings too. Thanks.
I have mine set on second to last hole. Like it so far.

image.jpg
I have mine set on second to last hole. Like it so far.
Experiment dude ;)

my 10 year old has a wall of legos we have pull out drawers - he's a lego freak. Well - these bad boys fit on the T Bones We have a HPI Flux Sprint 2 and tons of the 26mm wheels /tires and FOAM - cut some foam and glued them on

Hmmm, I wonder if a complete RC could be made from Lego's....

I used 5x10x4 sealed bearings. Takes two per side. Go to eBay and search 5x10x4 bearings. about 10 bucks for ten. These are the same bearings I replaced the steering bushings with on my Kraton.

Dose this bearings make any difference in steering?

So what would you guys say is the best wheelie bar to get for a nero, arrma or a different brand

The Arrma wheelie bar is the only one I know of that is adjustable. Because of that I think it's be the best one I have seen so far.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back