Wheelie Bar?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forbes

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Typhon 6s
Has anyone used this wheelie bar from island hobby nuts? They look nice and I like the ladder bar style, but I can’t seem to find a single picture of one mounted on a car. Curious if anyone has tried and if anyone could post some pics, preferably Typhon mounted, but I’ll take what I can get.

Thanks
BED8D88D-0D2A-4B03-9B83-00565AA29E45.jpeg

Not necessarily, it’s for my sand speed car. I can’t put the power down on 8s with any tire configuration I have tried. Goal is to hit a 100(+)mph. Plan was to run a 12 inch bar, with a larger diameter tire than in the photo to finally get a full throttle pass. I’ve hit 88mph on sand, at around 80 percent throttle before it would pull the tires and start flipping.

5836AE8D-98C6-4595-A74B-D99D4AD4826A.jpeg

Not necessarily, it’s for my sand speed car. I can’t put the power down on 8s with any tire configuration I have tried. Goal is to hit a 100(+)mph. Plan was to run a 12 inch bar, with a larger diameter tire than in the photo to finally get a full throttle pass. I’ve hit 88mph on sand, at around 80 percent throttle before it would pull the tires and start flipping.

View attachment 234232
If you're doing speed runs on sand then that thing won't work. It may stop you from flipping but I would think it would dig in and slow the car severely.

If you're doing speed runs on sand then that thing won't work. It may stop you from flipping but I would think it would dig in and slow the car severely.
That’s why I wanted to try it with 2in+ diameter wheel. Between that and a good bearings it’s not going to dig like you think. I live on Oregon coast and our sand is very coarse, heavy sand. I agree it will “dig” to a degree, but with bigger tire and at the right height it will work.

That’s why I wanted to try it with 2in+ diameter wheel. Between that and a good bearings it’s not going to dig like you think. I live on Oregon coast and our sand is very coarse, heavy sand. I agree it will “dig” to a degree, but with bigger tire and at the right height it will work.
Maybe. I’d like to see something similar but way wider. Like a paint roller brush.

Maybe a "ski" type of wheelie bar...? A flat wheelie bar without wheels on it...?
I'm not at the point of thinking about a wheelie bar for my sand drag kraton but the quick thought I came up with is a flat bar type of thing/stuff/that/bar/watchamacalit.
Bebop-Rc-Wheelie-Bar-Losi-5.jpg

Maybe a "ski" type of wheelie bar...? A flat wheelie bar without wheels on it...?
I'm not at the point of thinking about a wheelie bar for my sand drag kraton but the quick thought I came up with is a flat bar type of thing/stuff/that/bar/watchamacalit.
View attachment 234233
Funny you mention this, I was just thinking that earlier this week. To be honest, this idea would probably work just fine, but I still got to have the car looking good 😁 either a bar, or custom limitless splitter with a trimmed down wing mounted to it has been my other idea. I haven’t decided yet, but leaning towards that bar. I can get wider aluminum spacers for the center to widen it and run a wider taller wheel from in the pic and probably work just fine.

Funny you mention this, I was just thinking that earlier this week. To be honest, this idea would probably work just fine, but I still got to have the car looking good 😁 either a bar, or custom limitless splitter with a trimmed down wing mounted to it has been my other idea. I haven’t decided yet, but leaning towards that bar. I can get wider aluminum spacers for the center to widen it and run a wider taller wheel from in the pic and probably work just fine.
Whatever you decide share some pictures when its done(y)

Absolutely. It’s all for fun, I just like testing stuff out, and I live 5 minutes from the sand. Seeing the big streamers try and hit 100 off-road lit a fire under my ass I guess. In a few weeks the build will have a carbon stretched chassis and may or may not have a 1721 sitting in it 😂

Absolutely. It’s all for fun, I just like testing stuff out, and I live 5 minutes from the sand. Seeing the big streamers try and hit 100 off-road lit a fire under my ass I guess. In a few weeks the build will have a carbon stretched chassis and may or may not have a 1721 sitting in it 😂
My Kraton will be done when I'm no longer near sand, so it'll be a snow drag I guess. Haha

Haha. Someone needs to make some Kevlar snow tracks for you try so they don’t blow apart. I was pretty shocked the tires I’m running right now survived 88mph. Ran a bead of super glue on both side of each tire when they were new and held up fine so far

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back