Big Rock Wheels Axle Bolk/Screw/Nut part number

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matflat

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Typhon 3s
Hello Arrma Forum,

Hope you can help with a quick question. A couple of weeks ago you all helped me diagnose a wheel axle issue. I now have the part, and I have stripped the wheel and have the front slider driveshaft dissembled. However, the little tiny bolt that you have to use a long hex wrench to unscrew to replace the axle component is not playing ball.

I haven’t stripped it. I used a 2mm and 2.5mm hex wrench to check the size of the bolt head, but nothing is working to get it loose. Nothing at all. I am going to have to resort to ordering an entire Front Slider Driveshaft component top get this issue fixed. But I did not know if there was a part number for this screw as it doesn’t say anywhere on the product page that it does. And I have checked the exploded view on the Arrma site and I don’t see anything there.

So if I need to order replacement screws, can anybody tell me which size or part number?

And if you have any tips on getting that blasted screw loose I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Mat.

Might be worth hitting the stub axle with a little heat in case it's already been loctite in? most of the time they forget it on those and they fall out :ROFLMAO: I can't remember the exact size but it's like m3x8mm or 10mm or in that roundabout size i would think. May try to get it out of another axle to see for sure.

Might be worth hitting the stub axle with a little heat in case it's already been loctite in? most of the time they forget it on those and they fall out :ROFLMAO: I can't remember the exact size but it's like m3x8mm or 10mm or in that roundabout size i would think. May try to get it out of another axle to see for sure.
Thanks for the advice. I will give it a go - do you know the size screw etc I would need if I had to get replacements/

Thanks for the advice. I will give it a go - do you know the size screw etc I would need if I had to get replacements/
I would guess it to be m3x8-10 but i could be wrong. I was searching other posts and saw someone was able to get on it with a 2mm driver.

So I superheated the thing and tried every means possible, but it seems like a 2mm key is just too small (and I am using a good quality one) it moves around in the bolt head, and a 2.5mm is to big. Also the same with the torx I have. This damn nut is doing my nut in :) any other unusual ways to get a hexagon nut out of what feels like a round hole?

I would guess it to be m3x8-10 but i could be wrong. I was searching other posts and saw someone was able to get on it with a 2mm driver.
This damn nut is doing my nut in. Cannot get it out of the wheel axle stub at all. Any other unusual ways to get a hexagon nut out of what feels like a round hole? No idea if I should attempt some sort of drilling procedure.

This damn nut is doing my nut in. Cannot get it out of the wheel axle stub at all. Any other unusual ways to get a hexagon nut out of what feels like a round hole? No idea if I should attempt some sort of drilling procedure.
Not much you can do other then getting new driveshafts…if I understand what you’re describing. Pictures would help.

Hi Veldromed - it is the screw circled in yellow in this image.

fcce7e8b-33b7-4a27-9e8c-57dcac7eda56.JPG

Hi Veldromed - it is the screw circled in yellow in this image.

View attachment 259163
I’ve had that screw round out before and I ended up dremeling the plastic driveshaft away so that I could use a pair of pliers to remove the screw. Couldn’t figure out any other way. Otherwise you can’t reuse that metal axle, and it’s good to have a spare in case one bends.

Honestly, the best thing would be to get another set of driveshafts from Jenny’s for 18 bucks ($5-6 shipping so might as well get other parts also like arms, a diff etc.) Then you’ll have extras. It’s always good to have extras lol.

429E122C-3831-424D-B850-F87ADC09D6D1.png

I’ve had that screw round out before and I ended up dremeling the plastic driveshaft away so that I could use a pair of pliers to remove the screw. Couldn’t figure out any other way. Otherwise you can’t reuse that metal axle, and it’s good to have a spare in case one bends.

Honestly, the best thing would be to get another set of driveshafts from Jenny’s for 18 bucks ($5-6 shipping so might as well get other parts also like arms, a diff etc.) Then you’ll have extras. It’s always good to have extras lol.

View attachment 259165
Thanks for this. The replacement part came with the bolt thank goodness. We’ve been back up and running for a few days now, but I just broke the steering block on the right hand side of the typhon, so more spare parts ordered. Honestly it’s just getting ridiculous, but am sure it will calm down. I think in my hate I over tightened the steering block screws and it cause the lower part of the plastic to break.

Thanks for this. The replacement part came with the bolt thank goodness. We’ve been back up and running for a few days now, but I just broke the steering block on the right hand side of the typhon, so more spare parts ordered. Honestly it’s just getting ridiculous, but am sure it will calm down. I think in my hate I over tightened the steering block screws and it cause the lower part of the plastic to break.
Do you mean this part? If so, that is one of the common parts that will break under certain types of impacts. It’s good that it breaks honestly because it saves the arms. I thought about even upgrading mine to metal at one point, but then realized other parts would go. But yeah, takes a certain kind of impact to break those. I broke many learning how to jump. I haven’t broken one in quite a while now.

When I first started out, that initial 8 to 10 months, I went crazy. Watched too many YouTube videos and just wanted to take them to the skate park and send to moon all the time. I got sick of that fairly quickly. The repair time and cost was excessive, I simply didn’t enjoy it as much as I thought I would. I now love driving the cars within their (and my) limitations. I rarely break parts anymore. Now when I replace parts, mostly it’s because they simply wore out.

Well… okay, I did manage to break the chassis and front shock tower on my 4s build. Also the esc on my Noto went up in smoke. These things happen 😅

C6C4D15E-C74A-4028-B336-3B566D15D290.png

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back