Big Rock Wheels not turning and motor is whining

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did! So far nothing... Thanks for your concern... :rolleyes:
I just typed "arrma 3s power module" into Google. Not sure what you were searching.
Screenshot_20221117-060630_Chrome.jpg

This is from the official arrma web page for the Granite BLX.
Screenshot_20221117-061442_Chrome.jpg

I just typed "arrma 3s power module" into Google. Not sure what you were searching.
View attachment 256769
View attachment 256771
It’s common knowledge if you know anything about RC cars and know how to do a Google search, like you did. Pretty much the equivalent of saying RC cars don’t have a ‘transmission’ because a transmission is what is in a real car 😂

Arrmas YouTube channel. Power module. Go be a d!ck head somewhere else
Thanks for the link cock. See it wasn't so hard... (y)
View attachment 256769
View attachment 256771
Thank you. I was actually search for "power module" without the word arrma in it..
Appreciate you taking the time to show me the links...
It’s common knowledge if you know anything about RC cars and know how to do a Google search, like you did. Pretty much the equivalent of saying RC cars don’t have a ‘transmission’ because a transmission is what is in a real car 😂
Oh boy... That's exactly the opposite of what I was saying, but you made stephen happy, so we are good... :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Thanks for the link cock. See it wasn't so hard... (y)

Thank you. I was actually search for "power module" without the word arrma in it..
Appreciate you taking the time to show me the links...

Oh boy... That's exactly the opposite of what I was saying, but you made stephen happy, so we are good... :ROFLMAO:
Literally took 2 seconds to type it in buddy. Go put a helmet on and sit in a corner because obviously you can't handle much on your own. Telling me "see it wasn't hard" it would have been easier if you typed in the word "arrma" since you know........we are talking about arrmas...... on an arrma forum. That's cool though, like you said 50+. You are either an absolute marble when it comes to computers or you can actually do something with them so we know which one you are 🤘🏼👍🏼

Update #2…

Finally got the 55wt shock oil in the front shocks and mounted back in place. I re-meshed the gearing in the “transfer case”/power module 🤣 and put the center drive shaft in. The videos below show the roll test and wheel spinning in the opposite direction of each other.

Nothing really sticks out to me. Any of you RC veterans see anything a novice may be overlooking? What would you recommend my next steps be? I have a spare 652 servo from my Kraton 6s. Give that a try in the BR? Will the Hot Racing servo saver work in the BR or isn’t it compatible?

BigRock roll test

Update #2…

Finally got the 55wt shock oil in the front shocks and mounted back in place. I re-meshed the gearing in the “transfer case”/power module 🤣 and put the center drive shaft in. The videos below show the roll test and wheel spinning in the opposite direction of each other.

Nothing really sticks out to me. Any of you RC veterans see anything a novice may be overlooking? What would you recommend my next steps be? I have a spare 652 servo from my Kraton 6s. Give that a try in the BR? Will the Hot Racing servo saver work in the BR or isn’t it compatible?

BigRock roll test
I run the S652 in four of my 3s/4s cars. They are good. They also work with the stock servo saver.

I run the S652 in four of my 3s/4s cars. They are good. They also work with the stock servo saver.
So the servo saver in the BR is a 23T and not a 25T?
Update #2…

BigRock roll test
@Hector_Fisher @SrC anything stick out from my videos or did it pass the push test? Any suggestions?

Last edited:

@Hector_Fisher @SrC anything stick out from my videos or did it pass the push test? Any suggestions?
Stock servo saver is 23t. Not sure if the HR one comes with the right adapter to 23t. If you have the stock servo saver, I believe the kraton servo should plug in just fine. Worth a shot.

Seemed to roll just fine in the videos. No obvious binding that I saw. What did you mean when you said that the front wheels didn't spin initially when you put it back together?
Once reassembled, the front wheels no longer turn.
Have you tested the truck out with a freshly charged battery yet? That's where I would be moving next. If you see any issues while doing that, it'd be worth getting a video as well for diagnosing.

Yep the stock Servo saver is 23t. Their halfway decent but tend to wear out quickly, which is why I always buy numerous steering assembly to swap out (below) when steering begins to suffer. The plastic bits also soften and warp and the bearings get crunchy. The s652 servo is less than 20 bucks on Jenny’s so I always make sure I have a spare.

361A7764-06CD-47AA-877E-C266679F9D1F.png

Yep the stock Servo saver is 23t. Their halfway decent but tend to wear out quickly, which is why I always buy numerous steering assembly to swap out (below) when steering begins to suffer. The plastic bits also soften and warp and the bearings get crunchy. The s652 servo is less than 20 bucks on Jenny’s so I always make sure I have a spare.

View attachment 256939
Sweet! Thank you @Velodromed

Is there an upgrade option for a steering bellcrank servo saver than the stock one?

Sweet! Thank you @Velodromed

Is there an upgrade option for a steering bellcrank servo saver than the stock one?
I’m having a good experience with this one on my scratch build 4s car. It’s quite solid, and I absolutely love the metal connecting rod. It’s cut quite a bit of slop out of the steering.
GLOBACT Aluminum Alloy Steering Bellcrank and Steering Link, with Ball Bearing Upgrade Parts Set for 1/10 Arrma Senton 4X4 Granite 4X4 Typhon 4X4 Kraton 4X4 Big Rock 4X4 Replaces AR340132 (Blue) https://a.co/d/1k6WkXc

I’m seriously at a loss. Sorry for the poor camera quality. Hard to do with one hand.

When powered on, the front wheels normally straighten out, not this time though. I could also hear something draining the fan noise. Like it was almost struggling to keep them going. Since there is zero steering, should I try the servo replacement? Could a bad servo cause all these issues? Could it be the ESC or something else? 🤷🏽‍♂️

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8c8umq6kbx1wdak/IMG_2562.MOV?dl=0

I’m seriously at a loss. Sorry for the poor camera quality. Hard to do with one hand.

When powered on, the front wheels normally straighten out, not this time though. I could also hear something draining the fan noise. Like it was almost struggling to keep them going. Since there is zero steering, should I try the servo replacement? Could a bad servo cause all these issues? Could it be the ESC or something else? 🤷🏽‍♂️

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rdvlnb2kwydlvvj/BlackRocked?dl=0
From what you're describing it sounds like the servo is the likely culprit here. I'm not saying it can't be the ESC, but I think the servo is more likely. Do you have a spare that you could throw in to test the hypothesis?

From what you're describing it sounds like the servo is the likely culprit here. I'm not saying it can't be the ESC, but I think the servo is more likely. Do you have a spare that you could throw in to test the hypothesis?
I have a spare Spectrum 652 from my k6s. I’ll try that next. I’m awaiting a warrantied stock servo and servo arm from Horizon. Although, I may just leave the 652 servo in it.

Video added: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8c8umq6kbx1wdak/IMG_2562.MOV?dl=0

I have a spare Spectrum 652 from my k6s. I’ll try that next. I’m awaiting a warrantied stock servo and servo arm from Horizon. Although, I may just leave the 652 servo in it.
Sounds like a plan. Let us know how it goes.

It’ll work great. I have them in 4 cars for the last 18 months and they are plenty strong for a 3/4s car (not so much for 6s).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back