Senton Wheels somehow 'welded' to axle 17mm hex

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cris

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Hi Arrma family! I tried to changing the tires on my Arrma Senton 6s (v3) but all of the tires (rims) would not come off the axle. The nut came off easy but for close to an hour I pull the different ways with no luck..

Hi Arrma family! I tried to changing the tires on my Arrma Senton 6s (v3) but all of the tires (rims) would not come off the axle. The nut came off easy but for close to an hour I pull the different ways with no luck..
I hammered the crap out of my new wheels on my Typhon 6s. Same thing. They were like welded on there. I have no patience.

I never taken off my Infraction wheels and started the tear down this week... same issue. I have a heat gun and had to warm the up a tad till they just fell off... easy on the heat gun, don’t want to melt anything lol... it will come off...

104AC9F5-9592-42F7-894E-95E7E0DC2B3C.jpeg

I have this issue with my work van. I have aluminum wheels and they seize on the steel rotors. I do similar to what @Peeeenuuutt said above. I loosen my lugs and and drive until it breaks free. I used to use a BFH but damaged a tire once.

I have this issue with my work van. I have aluminum wheels and they seize on the steel rotors. I do similar to what @Peeeenuuutt said above. I loosen my lugs and and drive until it breaks free. I used to use a BFH but damaged a tire once.

Never seize my boy, never seize.... just around where the hub enters the center of the rim...

The hub nuts are cranked on from the factory, this deforms the plastic in towards the thread of the hex hubs... you need to place one thumb on the hub, and work the rim side to side, top to bottom to open that section back up for removal... pulling straight off will not work...

Never seize my boy, never seize.... just around where the hub enters the center of the rim...

The hub nuts are cranked on from the factory, this deforms the plastic in towards the thread of the hex hubs... you need to place one thumb on the hub, and work the rim side to side, top to bottom to open that section back up for removal... pulling straight off will not work...
Yep I have a bottle of anti-seize paste that I put on them now, but when I bought it used and wanted to do a brake job, I ended up taking it to Tuffy for a wheel rotation. I made them beat it off. It took 5 guys taking turns. Best $11 I’ve ever spent ???

Second time I was checking wear on the pads and had to pull out a BFH and decided that was the last time I would deal with that. Bought the silver paste and haven't had an issue since. I was really worried about having to change a flat on the side of a hwy. I keep the BFH in the van just in case. ??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back