Senton When and how to clean for a newbie? - Senton 6S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mnk

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Hey guys,

Apologies if this has been asked to death, but I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for.

I'm very new to RC, and I'm wanting to try and make sure i'm doing things right from the start. Picked up a Senton 4x4 6s and am bloody loving it. I mostly use it for bashing around the place - loose dirt, grass etc. Haven't gone into mud yet.

1. My question to you guys - how often should I be cleaning it? Is it best to make sure it's cleaned after every run/use? If it's simply just dirt/dust is it fine to sit there for while and clean it every few runs, or is that going to do damage?

2. I've seen a few cleaning tips, but is the easiest way to simply disconnect the battery and hit the entire thing with water if it's just dust? Is there anything I need to ensure doesn't get wet?

3. Is there anything I should be avoiding driving the truck in? I took it to an area that's building new homes and there's a stack of really fine dirt which made for some spectacular driving, but afterwards I was a little worried about it getting into places it could cause longer term damage.

Thanks heaps!

I don't clean dust every run but if it's muddy I do.
Simple Green and water hose but I don't spray directly at the esc.
I always make sure it's very dry with compressed air before I run it again...usually wait a day or two.
But, clean as much as you want because it's nice to have nice and shiny trucks. The key is to make sure any trace of water is gone from the electrics before we power it back up. At least that's how I roll and so far no shorts or mistakes.
Otherwise as you've mentioned, there are lots of cleaning tips right here at Arrma Forum.

Glad you're here and welcome! Hope you'll participate and share your fun times with your Arrma trucks!

1. My question to you guys - how often should I be cleaning it? Is it best to make sure it's cleaned after every run/use? If it's simply just dirt/dust is it fine to sit there for while and clean it every few runs, or is that going to do damage?

3. Is there anything I should be avoiding driving the truck in? I took it to an area that's building new homes and there's a stack of really fine dirt which made for some spectacular driving, but afterwards I was a little worried about it getting into places it could cause longer term damage.

Hi.
I have Senton 6s.
1- At every session in the dirt, especially the bearings (WD40, and after lube). Check the motor shaft too. For dust-snow, I use a DM shred cover;

3- For doing some track sessions, I would say avoid bad front side hit for saving DS, diff, axes, hub, wheel, arms, etc...

Welcome here.
PL

I just blast it with compressed air. gets rid of almost all dirt. I am gunna hit it with some dry lube this weekend (after 10 runs)

Most of the time after a run, I grab my brush and quickly wipe off any dirt/grass/etc. which I can remove easily. If it is all tucked away between things, I let it sit. Each week I clean that up.

I've done things both the right way and the wrong way. Like other's have said, never spray directly at the esc. If you do, make sure it's very short.

Even if it is waterproof, forcing water into it will kill it, like my blx100.

In terms of actually cleaning it, I get some lug nut brushes (you can get those on amazon for dirt cheap), and some sort of degreaser. Personally I've been using a product called Adam's Polishes Eco All Purpose Cleaner. It get's the job done.

For the steps you normally would do, just take out the battery (if you want to be really cautious, you can also remove the esc)
Then do a first rinse over, remove the dirt, dust, and other particles.
Then spray the cleaner to your preference onto it, just make sure what you are using is not too strong.
After spraying most of it down, take your brush (it can even be a toothbrush) and scrub pretty much everything.
Once you're done with that, rinse it, and let it dry. Personally, I set it upside down when I dry it, so that the water falls out of whatever electronics it might have lodged itself it.

As for cleaning the body shell, I do the same exact thing really, rinse, spray, brush, rinse.

As long as you're careful, you wont have to worry about anything going wrong

I 2nd All of the advice so far and the link Woodie provided. Only thing I would add is you're doing more than just cleaning. You should at least be inspecting your rig after every run and while you're at it you might as well be knocking the dust off of it. You're looking for loose screws, bent stuff, leaks, etc. Even after speed runs on the street I'll give the Typhon (aka RedRum) a look to make sure nothing's out of whack so she's ready for next bash or speed run. Also, lube after every run. I use the silicone wd40 almost every where then a lithium dirt repellent on joints and shaft ends.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back