Kraton When is the right time to upgrade from stock Motor & ESC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2morrow Muggins

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
I've decided to do some upgrades on my Kraton 4S which i purchased back in Jan of this year. I'll include th list of upgrades so you can understand my question...servo to 25k, HR servo saver, HR pivot balls, HR front & rear aluminum hubs, HR front steering blocks, HR hex hubs, fast eddie bearings, HR aluminum shocks, T-Bone wheelie bar, T-Bone front bumper, RPM front & rear A-Arms, DumbRC remote/reciever, HR steering bell crank, & LINE_X sprayed body (top only) w/some T-Rex duct tape on some parts of the inside for more strength. SO...with all of this added weight...will it put more stress on the performance of the truck hence needing an upgrade to accommodate the extra weight, or will the stock motor and esc be able to handle with ease?

Attachments

• 2020-03-14 09.03.04.jpg
    2020-03-14 09.03.04.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 49
  • 2020-03-14 09.03.28.jpg
    2020-03-14 09.03.28.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 46
  • 2020-03-14 09.04.30.jpg
    2020-03-14 09.04.30.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 42
  • 20200314_090151.jpg
    20200314_090151.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 48
I can’t speak to this from personal experience but I know guys have noticed power loss when adding all of the aluminum upgrades like a M2C chassis, shoctowers, braces. I think you should be fine if you gear down because really the heaviest upgrade you did was adding the Line-X which is probably pretty substantial in comparison to the original body weight. Obviously you lose speed when you gear down so if that isnt something you are willing to live with then upgrading the ESC would be a good idea to start and then go with a lower KV motor as money allows.

Those upgrades are fine. Heck I have probably half of them too. The stock hubs and caster blocks are pretty durable for me tho. But I have the HRs on my Typhon 3S. ??

I can’t speak to this from personal experience but I know guys have noticed power loss when adding all of the aluminum upgrades like a M2C chassis, shoctowers, braces. I think you should be fine if you gear down because really the heaviest upgrade you did was adding the Line-X which is probably pretty substantial in comparison to the original body weight. Obviously you lose speed when you gear down so if that isnt something you are willing to live with then upgrading the ESC would be a good idea to start and then go with a lower KV motor as money allows.
TY SO MUCH FOR YOUR FEEDBACK

Those upgrades are fine. Heck I have probably half of them too. The stock hubs and caster blocks are pretty durable for me tho. But I have the HRs on my Typhon 3S. ??
I think u are right...I haven't heard of any complaints about them, but my decision was based solely on looks. It looks BadAss with them :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back