Typhon When it all goes wrong.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moirae

Beauty & Beast
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Kraton 4s
  8. Mojave EXB
  9. Notorious
  10. Outcast 8s
  11. Outcast EXB
  12. Talion EXB
  13. Typhon 3s
  14. Typhon 6s
  15. Typhon TLR
1675353810066.png

That moment when you try to copy @Mr.Duke amazing build and it all goes wrong and you end up with

20230202_083109.jpg
20230202_083300.jpg

20230202_083707.jpg
20230202_083516.jpg

Someone tell me it doesn't look that bad so I stop feeling like a scrub. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I kinda like it, but then I am a weirdo. Can we see a pic from the back end, and what's under the lid?

I was actually thinking the other day, after looking at your stretched typhon with the typhon body still on it, and my FT with the typhon body, that it would be neat to try and cut up a truck body for the XLWB rigs similar to the Hoonigan IndyTruck they debuted at SEMA last year.

Hoonigan-Indytruck-Honda-Ridgeline-IndyCar-engine-2022-SEMA.jpg

meet-the-indytruck-team-hoonigan-s-indy-v6-swapped-honda-ridgeline_1.jpg

meet-the-indytruck-team-hoonigan-s-indy-v6-swapped-honda-ridgeline-206440_1.jpg

I kinda like it, but then I am a weirdo. Can we see a pic from the back end, and what's under the lid?

I was actually thinking the other day, after looking at your stretched typhon with the typhon body still on it, and my FT with the typhon body, that it would be neat to try and cut up a truck body for the XLWB rigs similar to the Hoonigan IndyTruck they debuted at SEMA last year.

View attachment 274936

View attachment 274937

View attachment 274938

That truck looks amazing and I think it's a great idea. I actually remember there was someone around here who has an infraction like that and it looks AMAZING. I really wish I could remember who it was or the thread with the pics lol.

Here you go!

20230202_091837.jpg

20230202_091902.jpg
20230202_091942.jpg

Not the cleanest but it works!

Stretched Typhon on Kraton chassis
TP 4070 2250kv, MMX8s and outcast 8s wing
27/39 gearing
And @RedondoBeachRC springs in the rear. (y)

I like it even more now. Is it a typhon with limitless/infraction bits for the towers, arms, shocks, etc?

Edit: I can't wait to see it on your YT channel.

I like it even more now. Is it a typhon with limitless/infraction bits for the towers, arms, shocks, etc?

Edit: I can't wait to see it on your YT channel.
Funny enough, when it still had the typhon body I was using limitless tower/shocks in the front but typhon tower/shocks in the rear. I just changed it to limitless tower/shocks in the rear when I decided to try and copy mr duke :ROFLMAO:

I plan to test it on saturday at the parking lot (y)

I have another stretched typhon that used to have felony diffs and tires but I recently swapped rear felony diff to the front and front to the rear and put grps on it with +13mm extensions in the rear. It also has the typhon tower/shocks in the rear. I actually like it a lot so I'm hoping this one drives just as good.

Btw, thanks! I was really bummed about how it all turned out but you guys making me feel like it's not so bad :ROFLMAO:

No way man, that thing looks sick! (y) 🍻 It's your creation and original. I think it came out great! Be proud!! 😁✌️
Thanks bro!! (y)

I think when I drive it around it will grow on me real fast :ROFLMAO:

Thanks bro!! (y)

I think when I drive it around it will grow on me real fast :ROFLMAO:
Plus it's a Vette!!! You could of cut the roof off and it still would have been sick lookin'!! (y) 🤣👊

Looks really good, I would make one small mod. The sharp corners near the rear would make it look more intentional if you round them off slightly. I think it would up the sexy factor by at least another 10% Really like what you've done. :love:

Looks good!! I Love the body stile and I think @Doom! has a good idea on how to make it look even better. I'm doing a body soon and if it comes out as good as yours its fine with me. :)

Looks really good, I would make one small mod. The sharp corners near the rear would make it look more intentional if you round them off slightly. I think it would up the sexy factor by at least another 10% Really like what you've done. :love:
I'm horrible at this! I don't even know how to round them :eek: You mean like just using the curved scissors on all the sharp edges in the rear?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back