When motor magnets break - Can you just replace the rotor?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRC

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
My motor overheated and now it's stuttering under hard acceleration. Same thing happened once before. I've heard this is due to the heat damaging the magnets. Can you just replace the rotor? If so, where can I find a rotor that will fit the Spektrum Firma 3200Kv brushless motor that comes with the 3s line?

My motor overheated and now it's stuttering under hard acceleration. Same thing happened once before. I've heard this is due to the heat damaging the magnets. Can you just replace the rotor? If so, where can I find a rotor that will fit the Spektrum Firma 3200Kv brushless motor that comes with the 3s line?
Brushless motors are relatively cheap these days. Especially the 3660 3200kv motor. A Surpass Hobby brushless motor will be every bit as good if not better than the Spektrum Firma motor and are pretty cheap on Amazon or eBay. Is it really worth it to try and find a rotor and rebuild the Firma motor?

Last edited:
If its a warranty situation, get a replacement. If your buying outright, try to find better. Surpass is a great one.

when magnets break it usually destroys everything in the motor , the small bits that break off and go everywhere in the motor . even if you could set the magnets in the proper space it would have to be precise , the good thing is you can use the old magnets LOL . like everyone has suggested just get a new motor its the best way to go , if you don't have a heat sink , get one with a fan to help keep the motor cool .

Surpass hobby motors are the best in my book and they make "non explosive" rotors so when they take a sh! T it doesn't damage the rest of the motor .. and they sell replacement rotors

Surpass hobby motors are the best in my book and they make "non explosive" rotors so when they take a sh! T it doesn't damage the rest of the motor .. and they sell replacement rotors
1708878177377.png

Back