When will it STOP?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It has rosin maybe less on the leaded
You can always put a dab of flux paste on the wire before soldering. That’s what I usually do.

Why leaded solder?i use lead free when i use leaded solder its junk doesn't penetrate the wire vs lead free
i already had issues with that wire somehow the connector was really loose
Like Jon said, it just flows and melts more easily and lead free takes more heat to melt. That said, I use a 60/40 tin/lead rosin core solder. Doesn't have to be 100% lead ;)

Something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07CKVG4KG/ref=ppx_yo_mob_b_track_package_o0_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also, you need a decent soldering iron ;)

True but i prefer more eco friendly stuff i don't like touching leaded solder and the fumes it produces
Do you solder a lot of things? If not then should be fine, lead is like mercury, you can handle it for a while once in a while but don't handle a while every day...since I only solder to repair or solder connectors on and I do it in the garage I prefer at least some lead. Lead free is too easy to mess up, don't get it quite hot enough or clean the surfaces well before soldering and it holds about as good as masking tape. Whereas with lead you can more easily apply the solder quickly so your exposure is minimized. Besides, the more dangerous part than any lead that MIGHT end up in the air is the rosin because it definitely creates fumes and is the carrier for any lead particles that may be small enough to be aerosolsized.

TLDR: it's not going to wreck the environment for you to use it in your toys. You don't produce enough lead waste, even combined with everyone else, to cause irreparable damage to the environment.

EDIT: also, you'd have to ingest a LOT of lead before lead poisoning took affect. Also also, lead alloy is more flexible than lead free so I find it holds up better in RC ;)

Last edited:
Leaded 60/40 or 63/37 solder ftw. Just don't inhale any of the fumes when using it. When redoing factory lead free solder I always cut it away and solder with my own leaded solder if possible, or use a solder wick or sucker to pull out the lead free stuff as best as I can get it. Mixing lead free with leaded is a can of worms and results are hit/miss, at least in my experience.

Leaded 60/40 or 63/37 solder ftw. Just don't inhale any of the fumes when using it. When redoing factory lead free solder I always cut it away and solder with my own leaded solder if possible, or use a solder wick or sucker to pull out the lead free stuff as best as I can get it. Mixing lead free with leaded is a can of worms and results are hit/miss, at least in my experience.
Damn Skippy;)

I'm for saving the earth but we don't have to suffer in the process :p

Heck, if you have a gun and load it every now and again you'll be exposed to more lead than from solder ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back