When will it STOP?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
Okay my connectors ripping off one and two times but now this?‍♂️ Give me a break??
image.jpg

F this im out i just want a hammer and destroy the whole thing im unable to meld the original solder
image.jpg

Why me i have a new esc coming but ffs this is discusting looking. How they did it they have cut the isolation in the middle of the esc wire and soldered the capacitors therr the only way to do it right is to cut the whole thing down unsolder the capacitors and solder it back in with new wires i don't have wire and cant melt the original solder what did they soldered with? Im using leadfree solder
27BE042A-A7E3-4EF2-9A30-79B30EC46D6A.jpeg

Last edited:
Flip your battery around so not so much stress on the wires??‍♂️
Velcro the loose wires under the straps
I used to have tape on the towerbrace holding the wires down
Who added the caps?
Horizonhobby
What soldering iron are you using?
Get a cheap heavy duty one, 60W minimum and this will be easy.
I have a 60w one
Capacitors dead
image.jpg

The car felt sluggist my esc button went defective just after fixing it this happens not a coincidance i think anyway i have an esc coming but i did not receive the receipt of it being sent yet

Last edited:
I removed the cap pack should be fine right?
image.jpg

doesn't make the loud spark when you plug a baterry now. Just a tiny one

Last edited:
It might cook the onboard caps. Guessing if you have a 50C+ pack, it will probably be fine for a while at least. I put the one that came with my max10sct on like yours was originally and it's been a nuisance ever since. I run 3S through it. Not sure how it does without it as I put it on I think when I first installed the esc.

It might cook the onboard caps. Guessing if you have a 50C+ pack, it will probably be fine for a while at least. I put the one that came with my max10sct on like yours was originally and it's been a nuisance ever since. I run 3S through it. Not sure how it does without it as I put it on I think when I first installed the esc.
What makes me belive it will hold is the blx100 before horizon didnt had external caps
I can install them stil

Soldered a old cap pack from my old esc solder a bit sketchy but car turns on nothing exploded
6E36B3FE-DC9C-451A-8EE4-72B10D4CC7EF.jpeg

When i think about it more its ghe bigrock who is killing me not the kraton so if i end up selling something might be the bigrock 4s without the motor for spare purposes. Will include the blx120 so the buyer can chose to put a 3s or 4s motor in

This is why we need leaded solder! LOL. The issue I see is solder joints breaking or wires breaking. In both cases you need some slack in your wires so they don't get yanked when you hit the ground hard ;)
Why leaded solder?i use lead free when i use leaded solder its junk doesn't penetrate the wire vs lead free
i already had issues with that wire somehow the connector was really loose

Why leaded solder?i use lead free when i use leaded solder its junk doesn't penetrate the wire vs lead free
Leaded will always melt and flow better. Yours may not have had a rosin core. Without flux or rosin, it won’t flow as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back