Kraton When will Kraton V6 be launched?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richbbq

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm new to the forum and to RC cars.

I'm looking for something to go bashing with and want a car that is durable, fast, big and has good control (I hate cars that are always doing wheelies).
Based on my research I think the KRATON 6S BLX Speed Monster Truck will suit me.

I don't have heaps to spend on this hobby either so if I buy this truck it will probably be my only truck for the next 10 years.
Therefore, before spending on it I was wondering if it's worth waiting for the next generation V6 model?

Any ideas when that will come out? (Sorry, as I"m still new I don't know how often they get updated)

PS Also I don't want to do a hep of upgrades 'out of the box' because I'm not that confident about taking the truck apart - I heard the transmitter is not so good on the current Kraton.

Didnt the v5 just come out? Plus theyve updated the kraton exb kit with a few running revisions ive noticed with my September 21 kit.

Sorry I didn’t realise V5 was just released.
I probably wouldn’t want the exb version because it’s a roller right? And I’m not that familiar with how to assemble this kind of truck yet. That’s why I think the 6s BLX might be better for me.

Do they have a list of the changes when updates are made? Like software release notes?

Welcome!

Don’t take this the wrong way but if you’re so strapped for cash that this is your only car for the next ten years then a basher probably isn’t for you. Fast and big usually translates into a lot of kinetic energy which usually results in repair bills and sometimes those bills are costly. Maybe a crawler would be something better to start with.

To answer your question - Arrma usually has pretty good backwards compatibility as new versions come out and they are also pretty good about keeping older parts available.

The V5 is pretty solid out of the box. I added a few upgrades to mine but they're mostly pre-emptive durability/wear mitigations like bumper and skid plate and non-critical improvements to things that annoyed me like the flexible stock steering servo mount. I ran it hard for several sessions after doing nothing but a quick inspection to make sure all screws are tight, diffs shimmed etc., and had no issues except for a defective battery which I had to send back. The stock transmitter is not the best, it's a middling RTR radio but not junk and you'll probably get on fine with it as long as your expectations are reasonable.

I don't anticipate Arrma adding anything ground-breaking to the next iteration. The latest one had a large set of changes that addressed essentially every issue they can reasonably address on a mid-budget RTR model. May as well get the V5 if you want a Kraton.

V5 is pretty recent and the radio gear in it is not bad at all. The STX2 on the V4 was awful, but the new stuff is decent. Keep in mind that this is an expensive hobby, especially running the big cars like the 6S and 8S rigs. I don't bash my cars super hard, but I have still spent easily 600 dollars on upgrading my V5 to get it the way I want it. Tires blow out, plastic breaks, screws snap, it adds up to a lot. Don't forget to factor in a good charger and good batteries. Perhaps start with a 3S rig like the BRCC? Much cheaper to fix, purchase, and get batteries for and still an absolute blast! Those little things rip and they take more abuse than even the big cars.

Yeah, 3s and 1/10 scale is probably a better place to start. You need half the batteries, half the charger, half the space to run them and when they inevitably break it costs half as much to fix. Recently got a Vorteks to run around my backyard and it's surprisingly fun and very quick.

I second getting a 3S car first. If cash is that much of an issue and you’re brand new to the hobby (you will break a lot of stuff first getting into this hobby until you really learn how to control the car). I think a BLX granite or big rock would do you better.
Also… if you enjoy your first car. Trust me. It will not be your last.

Get a 3s rig. I have a Vorteks with 1 broken drive shaft and the tires are toast. Super fun with minimal breakage. My 6s notorious breaks every light bashing session. $20-$40 part. Kraton burnt up servo on the 1st run. Start with 3s. The 6s is super fun and makes ya grin like a mad man, but it will cost ya!

Thank you everyone for your replies. The vorteks does look fun. I appreciate the advice

I just got back into the hobby.
I first got a V1 HSP planet 1/8 3s buggy and that thing is tough as with great electronics.
I need something bit bigger and more powerful now so I'm waiting for my Kraton 1/8 6s BLX to arrive.
I've already bought some extra mods such as braces, diff oils, skid plates, bumper, motor heatsink and fan and a couple other little items.
Should be a good reliable car if not handled bad.
Learn about droop screws for them because thatll save a bit of money on the shocks.
I highly recommend HSP planet 1/8 buggy V1

Late post here.

Thinking about a Kraton 8s as well. So a version 6 would be nice :D

Regarding new to hobby and first RC, its important to get it right for yourself

Out of the box truggy or monster truck:

rtr with remote
if you plan go offroad a 1/8 is better than a 1/10
atleast 4s compatible
big battery slots, no sealed side compartments which limits battery size
no plastic drive shafts
4x4 is a must
Winter driving AVC or TSM is good to have
if no workable charging solution is in the box buy a good one that can charge 6s batteries and 2 batteries at the same time (future proofing)
buy batteries with minimum 40c discharge rate, the more the better.

Kraton 6s is a good buy.

Any of the 3s cars are great, pick whichever one you are drawn to ( I would suggest the Big Rock). You will have a blast, see if you like RC, costs way less to get in. Tons of fun. Go 6s down the road if you get bitten by the RC bug.

Yeah, 3s and 1/10 scale is probably a better place to start. You need half the batteries, half the charger, half the space to run them and when they inevitably break it costs half as much to fix. Recently got a Vorteks to run around my backyard and it's surprisingly fun and very quick.
I doubt you could break a kraton on 3s that’s a good start too

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back