Raider When you drive your rc car in public what do people think of it

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They think "woah I don't think that is from walmart"
and "that is super fast, how did he do that?"

I also try to avoid public places as much as possible.

I even teach my son to stop the car when somebody comes too close. Even on 2S these cars are a hazardous momentum for feet, legs, toes...

Once we drove on a big lawn in my previous neighborhood, which was under maintenance: extremely short grass and dirt, as flat as concrete. We could go flat out on 2S on a large track I set up with cones. The speed and dirt rooster tales did draw a small audience :cool:

Here's my YT, flying over the greenbelt lawn, after it was scalped for annual over seeding.
Fun times!

Yes, that was it: scalped for annual over seeding.
I did not know how to translate that to English ;)

But ours was flat as a billiard table!
No worries about flipping the car at all.
Wished I used my camera as well to record that event

This a question im asking to everyone whenever you drive your rc car around the neighborhood do people look at it like if they never seen anything like it before i remenber a few times a car pulled over to watch me drive it
Do you bash around the neighborhood or do you bash on a course or something... I live in IL and it is pretty meh no off-road course anywhere near me

20160505_164258.jpg

When i drive this thing on our street they give me the dirty look they don't like the noise of the nitro hahah

In a park people keep staring at the car.
But 2 weeks ago i was racing my kraton on a large plain of grass...wich is attached to a refugee-centre...
All those kids came out like a swarm of horny wasps lol...even try to catch my car and try to block it.
I quited immediatly for the sake of their health...cant blame them, they are just kids.
Only place i drive now is my backyard, parkinglot and a large park

When I run up and down the street, the kids come out and lose their minds trying to chase it. My neighbor has a Bassett Hound that thinks he is chasing a Rabbit. My body ended up with a few unplanned holes when the ESC went into low charge mode. The hound caught up, and gave that "rabbit" a couple good bites.

The best was out back of the fire station. There are multiple piles of gravel, dirt, rocks and sand. And a 50yd x 50yd bumpy dirt area to play on. Well I was kicking up huge clouds of dust one day, and a fireman stopped to watch. Then a couple more joined him. And a couple more. There were probably 8 or 9 guys standing out back watching when I lined up and hit a little pile of gravel at about 45 MPH. The car took flight. I want to say 10 feet up, and about 40 feet out. Landed and kept going strong. I was honestly surprised as I knew I was going way too fast for that jump. Anyway, I heard a few woots from the guys and turned to see half of them walking my way. They were making a shopping list for the hobby store. They were certain they needed a few of them for the Fire House. I told them not to buy the DHK Wolf I was running, but to look into the ARRMA or Traxxas Cars. I'll be knocking on their door when my Kraton arrives.

Jealous is the word for my niebors,there 20 years younger than me with kids. There kids think there really awesome an because there dad's are not familiar or educated on the hobby they from on me for my age.( Been in RC my whole life since 80's) kids my age grew up without video games, remote control was there before sit an get fat games were invented.those are the words that make people stop an think.

My neighbors came by to find out who the guy is who chases their kids up and down the street with RCs.
So far, I've received unanimous approval...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back