Where and when did you learn to drive! 😎

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheez

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Nero
  4. Senton 3s
Was sharing this conversation with family and the more I rattled my head the more I remember. This will age me 🤪. When I was in high school we had “drivers education “, actually took a class in order to get a drivers license. So my drivers Ed teacher was Mr. Okura who was also my P.E. Teacher/ baseball coach . Picture a serious athletic Japanese guy with a crew cut. The car we drove was a 1970 challenger (could have been a ‘69, or ‘71) it was a beast muscle car! I went to Marina high school 68-72. So anyway we’re out the third or fourth day and we’re cruising H.B…..we come up to “Edwards Hill” which is kind of in the middle of nowhere. I’m driving and he says “PUNCH IT!”
Yeah baby…I threw everyones head back against the seats. No head rest in those days. I was the lucky guy that got that nod. The two girls in the back just giggled. Yep I got my license and the rest is history.🤪

BTW…. I didn’t make the baseball team even though I was better than 90% of the other players. I refused to cut my hair which was half way down my back.😎

Last edited:
I was driving tractors, motor bikes etc at a young age before learning to drive cars so it just came naturally. Can't remember how old I was but was always driving on the farm as a kid. We had too. I was driving a truck on the road before I even had a licence 😆.

Learning road rules.... well that came later.

Actually I'm going to teach my 11yo son and 13 yo daughter to drive this holidays.

I was 13 and I hung out with my older cousin and all his buddies and their girlfriends. Oh the times.....anyway before I started drinking he would get spook smashed. We lived together and we still had to go home. No cab service here only ride I gonna get from a stranger is a 👮 taking ur ass to jail. Sooo crooked here. They been caught numerous times. I digress.....so what better to learn than the streets ur gonna drive on when most times we and a coupke other cars be only ppl out. Would been a 2000 model silver ford ranger splash edition. Manuel tranny of course and I live in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains 😲. Good times 👍

As quite a few here, I started young. Grew up in the country with farm kids who were driving carts, 3 wheelers, mini bikes at 6yrs old. I learned to drive a truck when I was 10 or so, in the woods. Our truck was an old 70's 2wd ford 3/4 ton that had seen many loads of lumber and hit many trees... in 1st gear, it just crawled. Got my first motorcycle when I was 12, a honda 100 street bike. Then a yamaha 175 when I was 13. School permit when I was 15 after drivers ed class in school during the summer. Got a ticket in a Chevette on my way home from school, then wasn't able to get my license until I was 17... that sucked.

Back