Kraton Where can I find the updated version of the Kraton 8s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vetteb_96

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
Hi, I want to buy the updated version of the Kraton 8S. Horizon is backordered until late April. My LHS has the original (and didn't know about the updated version). I chatted with a person from Hobby Town and they didn't give me confidence they knew if their stock was original or updated. :(

Hi, I want to buy the updated version of the Kraton 8S. Horizon is backordered until late April. My LHS has the original (and didn't know about the updated version). I chatted with a person from Hobby Town and they didn't give me confidence they knew if their stock was original or updated. :(
These are the part numbers for the V2 versions

ARA110002T1 KRATON 8S BLX (GREEN)
ARA110002T2 KRATON 8S BLX (ORANGE)

Is Arrma calling it a V2? For a couple parts?
How else do you differentiate which one you have? If you bought the initial release, vs if you buy a new one today, there is a difference. Why is it so offensive to everyone to assume the newer one is called a V2? I just don’t get the resistance ??‍♂️

How else do you differentiate which one you have? If you bought the initial release, vs if you buy a new one today, there is a difference. Why is it so offensive to everyone to assume the newer one is called a V2? I just don’t get the resistance ??‍♂️

Whoa take it easy spider! What the hell you talking about offensive and resistance?? All I did was ask a question.

Whoa take it easy spider! What the hell you talking about offensive and resistance?? All I did was ask a question.
This is like the fourth thread on whether or not it should be called a V2. Some have called it a V1.5 or something like that. I don’t own one so I don’t care what they call it. But just for the sake of discussion we need a way to quickly differentiate which model someone has in case they need help. It’s like some of the early adopters are butt hurt because they have an outdated model or something. ??‍♂️

This is like the fourth thread on whether or not it should be called a V2. Some have called it a V1.5 or something like that. I don’t own one so I don’t care what they call it. But just for the sake of discussion we need a way to quickly differentiate which model someone has in case they need help. It’s like some of the early adopters are butt hurt because they have an outdated model or something. ??‍♂️

The only butt hurt in here I'm seeing is yours. You got froggy all over your keyboard for no reason with me. I could care less what its "called", just asked if Arrma is calling it that yet. Anyway.. So let me ask you a question.. Just thinking logically here, not trying to be a douche.. If someone needed help with a problem on this truck and the differences are only a couple bolt on parts, don't you think actual owners of the K8 could figure out the problem relatively quickly?

The only butt hurt in here I'm seeing is yours. You got froggy all over your keyboard for no reason with me. I could care less what its "called", just asked if Arrma is calling it that yet. Anyway.. So let me ask you a question.. Just thinking logically here, not trying to be a douche.. If someone needed help with a problem on this truck and the differences are only a couple bolt on parts, don't you think actual owners of the K8 could figure out the problem relatively quickly?
And how do you know they have the original or the newer one? I’m not as upset as you think I am. I think you’re reading more into this than you should. I’m coming from a point of I just don’t get it, not anger. ✌?

What should we call the latest granite? Different body, esc connectors and a whole new radio!

Personally I don't care what they call it. They didn't change anything I deem important TO ME. I've got my M2C chassis and that renders the changes pretty much useless ?

And how do you know they have the original or the newer one? I’m not as upset as you think I am. I think you’re reading more into this than you should. I’m coming from a point of I just don’t get it, not anger. ✌?

It really wouldn't matter to me what bolt on parts they had.. It would be the same as If someone had a modded truck and asked a question, we'd figure it out right?

It really wouldn't matter to me what bolt on parts they had.. It would be the same as If someone had a modded truck and asked a question, we'd figure it out right?
I forgot to ask the guy with the steering issue what version he had.

You guys are funny. I said "updated version" because I knew I would get blasted for saying V2 and the thread went that way anyway. :) I did order one based on the part numbers above. It should arrive next Tuesday, can wait to drive it while I'm stuck at home with the Covid-19 mess.

You guys are funny. I said "updated version" because I knew I would get blasted for saying V2 and the thread went that way anyway. :) I did order one based on the part numbers above. It should arrive next Tuesday, can wait to drive it while I'm stuck at home with the Covid-19 mess.
It’s silly that calling the second version of something a V2 would get you blasted. ?

They changed the part number. It’s a V2. If they wouldn’t have rushed the thing out the door there wouldn’t have been a need for a V2. I’m glad they fixed it quickly though. Just would suck to have bought a V1.

arrma never said this was a v2 or 1.5 or anything, It is and always will be V1.

arrma never said this was a v2 or 1.5 or anything, It is and always will be V1.
Arrma never calls anything V1 or V4. That’s something we call them. Arrma has a part number. The V1 K8S is part number ARA110002 and the V2 is part number ARA110002T2

Nice try!

I would have pulled that extra weight off the truck and bought a real chassis anyway! ;)
Don't bother with him. He's been in full on troll mode for a while. Must be the isolation of being at home ?

With the M2C chassis, I'd much rather have the original long top brace anyway ???

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back