Where can I get a transparent sticker for fog & marking lights?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parcou

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon TLR
  9. Vorteks
Sorry, fam this is a non-Arrma RC question...

Just got this MST BMW drifter. It has been on backorder so long I forgot about it arrived this weekend. Added lights to the lower foglights as well as lights for the front amber bumper lights. I did remove the body paint on the underside but the issue I need transparent stickers for the light to come through.

Any ideas on how I can find or accomplish this task?

Hate showcasing early she is far from complete...rims I took off my SS Caramo to see how a lip looks and decals needs to be added.

Front
1674613613983.png

Front will fog and markers on but cannot see due to the sticker
1674613710209.png

Rear lights are transparent stickers no issues
1674613811399.png

Rim waiting for delivery
1674613853265.png

for a total different reason, there are really good sticking transparent labels used for label printing. they are thermal
they look much better irl than on the pictures they provide. I can try some setups, make pics of it and share it with you if you like.
if this is smth you're looking for

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B96LCRNR

for a total different reason, there are really good sticking transparent labels used for label printing.
they look much better irl than on the pictures they provide. I can try some setups, make pics of it and share it with you if you like.
if this is smth you're looking for

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B96LCRNR
Hi...thx yes this could work. If you have free time, please share a pic...and thanks!!

Hi...thx yes this could work. If you have free time, please share a pic...and thanks!!
yep, so tell me what you'd like to see. from what I understand you want to have smth that looks like a fog light from outside, but then it allows the actual fog light out from inside the car, you're building it into. (at least this is what I understand)
So I need some steps on what to do, so for instance should I take a piece of anything, just put a hole on it, take my printer software and draw a lamp or just a square on it and stick it over that hole?
btw, I also have the label printer with software on my phone to print whatever I want on the sticker, so you might be able to use this to create your own lamp style whatsoever. bummm 30000IQ
just let me know :)
I think this is 999% what you want. I even found e34 fog lights to print ,haha
and you can actually find a picture to put into the printer app or design one yourself and print that.

edit, sorry for the ramble, like 4 posts got merged s pics and all
IMG_20230125_030248.jpg

IMG_20230125_030300.jpg

IMG_20230125_030245.jpg

IMG_20230125_030326.jpg

IMG_20230125_030529.jpg

Last edited:
I can see how that "could" work, but I still need to look for a fog light in white and marker light... similar to the rear. All in all, this is more than I knew beforehand... (y)
good luck, unless Google has something to go off for a lead… otherwise I’m not sure. We used to mask out the light housing and once done used this or clear.

yep, so tell me what you'd like to see. from what I understand you want to have smth that looks like a fog light from outside, but then it allows the actual fog light out from inside the car, you're building it into. (at least this is what I understand)
So I need some steps on what to do, so for instance should I take a piece of anything, just put a hole on it, take my printer software and draw a lamp or just a square on it and stick it over that hole?
btw, I also have the label printer with software on my phone to print whatever I want on the sticker, so you might be able to use this to create your own lamp style whatsoever. bummm 30000IQ
just let me know :)
I think this is 999% what you want. I even found e34 fog lights to print ,haha
and you can actually find a picture to put into the printer app or design one yourself and print that.

edit, sorry for the ramble, like 4 posts got merged s pics and all
View attachment 272874

View attachment 272875

View attachment 272876

View attachment 272877

View attachment 272878

Wow!

Those are nice! I was thinking about what you said here:
___
___

I like the idea of having the transparent look of the foglight sticker like what you have demo in the pics.

Then could you do a second option... with the fog like keep it transparent but just trace a black edge or frame around it. I think it would look good this way as well less light is blocked.

Wow!

Those are nice! I was thinking about what you said here:
___
___

I like the idea of having the transparent look of the foglight sticker like what you have demo in the pics.

Then could you do a second option... with the fog like keep it transparent but just trace a black edge or frame around it. I think it would look good this way as well less light is blocked.
Since I have to do that myself. The only way I can think of doing that is to place 2 lights on each other while one being bigger, drawinf a frame around it. Is that what you mean?

Since I have to do that myself. The only way I can think of doing that is to place 2 lights on each other while one being bigger, drawinf a frame around it. Is that what you mean?
I did not think of that...yes that's a very clean idea or way of doing it. Yes

I did not think of that...yes that's a very clean idea or way of doing it. Yes
Heya,
I think its definitely doable, but its super hard trying to edit this in the printer app.

If you need a thing like this, you need the printer, a transparent roll of thermal labels and just edit the exact picture you want in Canva or smth. You pretty much have 100% freedom, since you should be good with black print on transparent label and draw any outlines whatsoever on the light.

You want the link to the printer?

In this example I just drawn a rounded square around the lamps, but had no option to cut the inside of the lamp. This is some basic pic edit tbh

IMG-20230125-WA0003.jpg

Sorry, fam this is a non-Arrma RC question...

Just got this MST BMW drifter. It has been on backorder so long I forgot about it arrived this weekend. Added lights to the lower foglights as well as lights for the front amber bumper lights. I did remove the body paint on the underside but the issue I need transparent stickers for the light to come through.

Any ideas on how I can find or accomplish this task?

Hate showcasing early she is far from complete...rims I took off my SS Caramo to see how a lip looks and decals needs to be added.

Front
View attachment 272862

Front will fog and markers on but cannot see due to the sticker
View attachment 272863

Rear lights are transparent stickers no issues
View attachment 272864

Rim waiting for delivery
View attachment 272865
The key to getting a transparent look for lights is candy paints

I use candy red and yellow to tint the lights but still leaves them transparent enough for lighting

7EA6F67B-7BA6-4955-9749-41D188F79805.jpeg

51371C7C-BECC-4C29-9CE4-C2099164CB8F.jpeg

B5CE7938-3FBC-4CF5-ACFC-9827FA442AC5.jpeg

7256BE94-D3B7-4240-9C13-A8E8D44253AB.jpeg

Heya,
I think its definitely doable, but its super hard trying to edit this in the printer app.

If you need a thing like this, you need the printer, a transparent roll of thermal labels and just edit the exact picture you want in Canva or smth. You pretty much have 100% freedom, since you should be good with black print on transparent label and draw any outlines whatsoever on the light.

You want the link to the printer?

In this example I just drawn a rounded square around the lamps, but had no option to cut the inside of the lamp. This is some basic pic edit tbh

View attachment 272987

For this one-off project, I would not buy a printer. I would not use it for anything else. Rather pay someone for the 1-off.

@Ajag those paints for the lights look good!!

That makes sense. Do you live in the UK? Cuz then I could make them for you and just send it with post
I noticed you lived in the UK when you began postimg. No, I am in the US, but I am willing to PayPal you. Small something that can be mailed as a standard letter I will pay the upcharge. I order from Drifted and Alza, who are all in EU...the wait is no big deal to me if you are willing to mail it like a letter since it is not package.

Thats fine then. I will need very specific measurements of how you want the headlights to be, to look like and I will make a few designs around that and when you re happy w it, I can print them and send it.

I wonder whether the potential cold weather affects glue or thermal labels/stickers?

Edit. We re in the hospital right now expecting our 4th child so bare a me but I ll do in the next couple of days

Thats fine then. I will need very specific measurements of how you want the headlights to be, to look like and I will make a few designs around that and when you re happy w it, I can print them and send it.

I wonder whether the potential cold weather affects glue or thermal labels/stickers?

Edit. We re in the hospital right now expecting our 4th child so bare a me but I ll do in the next couple of days
Thank you...

I will reply in a PM later today for me since it is 1230a after midnight. Cold weather is a good question. We will take a chance. Thx

I will PM that info in the morning for me when the sun is up (y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back