Where did the foam go?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are the tires vented through the rubber?

...and tire hasn't separated from the bead anywhere? No holes or tears anywhere?

If not I'm completely stumped
:unsure:

...and tire hasn't separated from the bead anywhere? No holes or tears anywhere?

If not I'm completely stumped
:unsure:

No, lol. First thing I checked! I'm going to bake off the tire and check it out. The tires are in great shape. I don't want to buy new ones. Can you buy just the foams for the backflips?

Could it be that the foams are stretched a bit around the rim and it split ata seam or something and the retraction left a gap?

TT

Could it be that the foams are stretched a bit around the rim and it split ata seam or something and the retraction left a gap?

TT

Maybe. I'll know for sure when I get the tire off.

I had the same problem and when I took them apart the foams were shredded. You can’t buy foams separate. Arrma actually replaced my tires. I had six tires that needed foams so I made my own with my neighbors old couch cushions. Worked out great. I used a 3 1/2” hole saw and a 6” hole saw. I first cut a hole in a piece of plywood and used that to stand on the foam and use it as a guide.

Attachments

• 3F018DC9-8D14-44DA-BDEE-58A2C759B014.png
    3F018DC9-8D14-44DA-BDEE-58A2C759B014.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 88
  • 68160D49-365B-4D0C-A7D0-07806DC0EEBF.png
    68160D49-365B-4D0C-A7D0-07806DC0EEBF.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 87
I had the same problem and when I took them apart the foams were shredded. You can’t buy foams separate. Arrma actually replaced my tires. I had six tires that needed foams so I made my own with my neighbors old couch cushions. Worked out great. I used a 3 1/2” hole saw and a 6” hole saw. I first cut a hole in a piece of plywood and used that to stand on the foam and use it as a guide.

I don't have an original receipt for my notorious. I bought it new in box from some guy off of forum. So I don't have any warranty.

Probably just shriveled up from water and heat. The foams shouldn't be that hard to find from another manufacturer. As long as they're close, it would be better than nothing at all.

My senton needs bigger tires so i can control it in air better before it crashes into ground... lol

Well the foam had separated and bunch up to create the gap. Not a ton of dirt in the tires but the foam was full of water. Got my new backflips today. Can I just tape up the holes in the wheel and call it a day?

20190324_143052.jpg

Sorry to see this man. I'm soooo unsure if I should vent my brand new backflips???
I vented my tires on my Kraton, and I had the same result as you have here....... except my foam was in about 4-5 pieces.

Also, I blew a stock tire on my Typhon using 6s. I baked the rubber off, glued the foam back together, glued the hole in the rubber, and it has worked fine...... Not perfect, but temporary fix till I got new tires.

Well the foam had separated and bunch up to create the gap. Not a ton of dirt in the tires but the foam was full of water. Got my new backflips today. Can I just tape up the holes in the wheel and call it a day?

View attachment 33615
@bicketybam, did you ever find a source for replacement foams? I've run into this situation a few times now, and wheel/tire is completely fine, just need new foams.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back