Where did these dents in shock caps come from?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crewchief227

Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
Morning all,

We're rained out here where I'm at, so like all rain days I turn them into wrenching days. ? I took my rear socks off, cause the other day I checked the rebound on my fronts, and yeah they needed a bleeding. So I just took the rears off my Outcast, and after a quick external wash in the sink I noticed this:
20190627_090414.jpg
20190627_090427.jpg

How did this happen? I've never had the shocks off, no bad wrecks, I'm stumped, and this can't be normal. The only thing that makes sense is them hitting the bottom of the tower just under the standoff, but how? They have clearance, the caps don't move. More importantly if this is something that has happened to someone else, what caused it, and how do I prevent this from worsening? Thanks

Is there a spot on the bottom side of the tower where they may have made contact ? It's entirely possible if the lower arm was flexed forward like maybe in a cartwheel.

On both sides? And no I haven't cartwheeled it, can't find a scratch on the tower or standoffs
Definitely looks like they touched the tower. The arms flex a fair amount on landings. I'd also check to make sure your towers are still straight.

Found the problem, if the shock standoff isn't lined up on one of the flat sides with the angle of the cap it rubs it. So gotta be mindful of that when putting standoffs back on I guess. ?

Thanks, it's what I do, seriously. I'm a full time formally trained artist. ?
How cool is that!
My dad was an airbrush artist of sorts. He did custom HO train paint jobs and weathering, miniature graffiti and everything. Had a little paint booth in his train room.

How cool is that!
My dad was an airbrush artist of sorts. He did custom HO train paint jobs and weathering, miniature graffiti and everything. Had a little paint booth in his train room.
You should see my dads train set. Next time I'm over that way I'll snap some photos.

How cool is that!
Nice. I hope I'm not violating the rules here (so mods please correct if I am) about promotion, but you can see my upcoming exhibition this July/August at the: 2019 Fine Arts at the Port, Annual Juried Fine Art Exhibition, in Anacortes, WA or see my work at www.joelaparicio.com ?

It's been sent, even went to the river see
View attachment 41856
I just spent all day yesterday bored cleaning her.
Mine is in the mail on it's way to you?. I'll take the deluxe package with the interior shampoo and a side of airbrushing. If you got it from this to the previous picture, you are an artist in more ways than one?

Mine is in the mail on it's way to you?. I'll take the deluxe package with the interior shampoo and a side of airbrushing. If you got it from this to the previous picture, you are an artist in more ways than one?
I use my old paint brushes & patience ?. I want to get a black Notorious body so I can do some candy work that'll make people's ?

A black Noto repaint. Great idea. You can do many things with a black canvas.(y)
Old post. But great I like it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back