Where do you buy your bearings in Canada?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rkj__

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
For my CANADIAN Arrma fans, where do you typically source your bearings?

I want:
1) Rubber sealed bearings
2) Good value
3) Online seller preferred

I’m less interested in shopping in stores right now, but it may still be an option. Also, the CAD - USD exchange rate is very bad right now, so options that are priced based on USD may be extra expensive.

Thanks

Fast eddy has a Canadian site. Or your lhs.
I bought them from amazon- just the sizes I needed in packs of 10. shipped from China on the slow boat. Lol.
What province are you in?

Fast eddy has a Canadian site. Or your lhs.
I bought them from amazon- just the sizes I needed in packs of 10. shipped from China on the slow boat. Lol.
What province are you in?

I’m in Ontario.

It looks like the Amazon slow boat bearings would be pretty cheap, but, well, slow boat. It looks like there might be a few other options though, to possibly get 10packs for not too much money with quicker shopping. Still open to suggestions though.

Almost $60 for bearings seems expensive. Am I just cheap?

B6001EE9-7964-40D7-864F-0599437F7C26.jpeg

Last edited:
I seem to remember paying like 70 cad for 10 of each bearing. Way more than I’ll ever use. I have 2 6s arrma’s.

Man, everything is more stressful in the middle of a global pandemic. I don't have as much confidence as usual that the slow boat would actually arrive in 4-5 weeks. I also don't want to go to a store if I can avoid it - social distancing. Finally, I don't want to spend much money, because long story short, the pandemic is already hurting my household income, and is likely to cut deeper in the coming weeks.

Like seriously, spending a few bucks on bearings should not be a big deal. WTF. I need to go do some yoga or someting.

Man, everything is more stressful in the middle of a global pandemic. I don't have as much confidence as usual that the slow boat would actually arrive in 4-5 weeks. I also don't want to go to a store if I can avoid it - social distancing. Finally, I don't want to spend much money, because long story short, the pandemic is already hurting my household income, and is likely to cut deeper in the coming weeks.

Like seriously, spending a few bucks on bearings should not be a big deal. WTF. I need to go do some yoga or someting.
Which ones do you need? I’ll drop em in the mail for you?

Which ones do you need? I’ll drop em in the mail for you?

Extremely generous offer, thank you. I'll send you a private message.

Edit: Unfortunately Clubin does not have the sizes I need for my 3S. Also, my local shop does not have any sealed bearing kits in stock either. I did not ask if they have specific sizes for just the wheel bearings, which are the ones that seem to be failing first.

Edit 2: It sounds like the province of Ontario is shutting down, so wheel bearings in my RC are likely to be the least of my worries. I might just run it 'till the wheels fall off, and then regroup on the other side of this mess.

Last edited:
I was going to suggest big boys with cool toys or hobby hobby. But they are just over an hour away. Why are you going through wheel bearings?

Driving outside in water, dirt, sand, and snow seems to have lead to play in the rear wheel.
If your going to do that you need to use a compressor to dry it thoroughly them spay them with something. What I do is never really clean my cars I use wd40 before and after I run them in the snow and use the compressor to get pretty much every drop of water out of there. I’ve only replaced 3 bearings on my cars. My cars are both v2 models

If your going to do that you need to use a compressor to dry it thoroughly them spay them with something. What I do is never really clean my cars I use wd40 before and after I run them in the snow and use the compressor to get pretty much every drop of water out of there. I’ve only replaced 3 bearings on my cars. My cars are both v2 models

I started into RC with my Vaterra Ascender crawler. It has rubber sealed bearings, and I've run it a ton over the last 15 months, including through mud and water, and done no such maintenance. Ovbiously, a crawler does not see high speed, so it is a very different usage case, but when I first got my Senton, I did not realize how needy it would turn out to be maintenance wise. I have a better understanding of what it needs now, but unfortunately, I can't go back in time.

I’ve had good experience buying from Avid RC. Fair prices on kits with 5-day shipping.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back