South Carolina Where is a good track in south carolina ( midlands) area?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know S.C. that well enough. But S.C. probably has more tracks than many states on the East coast. You may have to travel a bit. Plan an outing.
IDK. South Carolina RC Tracks - XTRA Action Sports

For bashing spots, you just have to scout your areas close by and you will probably stumble onto a place that is secluded away from people and young children, perhaps an ungated construction site. A dirt BMX track is what may be best for Bashing. Even an open baseball field is doable. Like where I live. I am very limited where I am. I started this hobby racing at tracks. There are none left near me. Not even any LHS's. They all closed down in the last 20 years, one by one. Seems SC is more conducive with Surface RC. Good luck. :cool:

Edit: Here its 20 deg F right now and I don' run my rigs in these temps. I just usually wrench, paint, or build this time of the year. Plastics shatter like glass in cold temps. Guaranteed carnage from the most minor of mishaps. FWIW. And Lipos perform horribly, go flat in very cold climates. Below freezing.

Last edited:
I had moved to anuther state and moved back here 4 yrs ago. I rode by a track i had help to build and there is a store ther?. Also my lhs is no longer in buisness outher than a poopy hobbytown that is 45miles away.Il do a lil research but i did want to tell you thank you @SrC
I don't know S.C. that well enough. But S.C. probably has more tracks than many states on the East coast. You may have to travel a bit. Plan an outing.

For bashing spots, you just have to scout your areas close by and you will probably stumble onto a place that is secluded away from people and young children, perhaps an ungated construction site. A dirt BMX track is what may be best for Bashing. Even an open baseball field is doable. Like where I live. I am very limited where I am. I started this hobby racing at tracks. There are none left near me. Not even any LHS's. They all closed down in the last 20 years, one by one. Seems SC is more conducive with Surface RC. Good luck. :cool:

Edit: Here its 20 deg F right now and I don' run my rigs in these temps. I just usually wrench, paint, or build this time of the year. Plastics shatter like glass in cold temps. Guaranteed carnage from the most minor of mishaps. FWIW. And Lipos perform horribly, go flat in very cold climates. Below freezing.

Last edited:
There is an mx track not to far im guna go check out soon. The owner is one of my customers. Next time i see him im guna ask. It may be a little to much for the noto but it can be fixed. My diffs are holding up well and i am very pleased. I used all mugen/ techno in and out.

There is an mx track not to far im guna go check out soon. The owner is one of my customers. Next time i see him im guna ask. It may be a little to much for the noto but it can be fixed. My diffs are holding up well and i am very pleased. I used all mugen/ techno in and out.
Did you go with the Mugen diff setup also?
Here in NYC there's no BMX tracks, just cement skate parks. I did go up to see @bicketybam last year in CT and we bashed at his dirt BMX track. My son tore up that place with his Noto. no problem.:LOL:
An MX track is probably best with an 8S rig. OC/K. MX tracks are usually rocky and rougher.

I shimmed all planetery gears with the mugen e0202 kit. I also replaced the stock shimms on the spider gears with the same kit. Idk if they are thicker than the stock ones but sure felt better. Tekno shims i replaced the one outter with two on the ring gear side. I just set my esc punch to 3 and i went down one tooth on pinion to a 16t. My prob is keeping the front down no matter how i use the throttle. Seems to stand up no matter how fast im running. Im prob guna order a 15t to try as i only have a 12, 16,17,18t. I plan on going to a ball field in a bit to try. Iv only ran on dirt, gravel rds and grass. Backflips have too much traction in the grass for me. But i do have thick oil in all 3 diffs.

Try Dropping down the Punch another notch. Leaving the pinion what it is. If anything you should bump up your pinion more.

Last I heard officially 9 to 11 inches. Depending which news you read.
But where I live there were almost 2 ft. drifts. Wind an all...

Wow! Havnt seen snow here in cpl yrs. 1-2 in. Here and they close schools down?. My wife don't know i got the noto in the back fix to go rip a ball field up and stretch it out see wat it will do? Btw its 50 degrees out and sunny
Looks kinda rough lmao but its only got a hr of runtime on it

Attachments

• FFB1D43D-48D6-4E0D-9019-B734CD6B9702.jpeg
    FFB1D43D-48D6-4E0D-9019-B734CD6B9702.jpeg
    439.6 KB · Views: 33
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back