Talion Where is channel 3 on the DX5C for the lights on my Talion EXB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan207265_RC

Reaction score
So my friend help me put on some lights on my talon EXB so I heard to put on channel 3 for the lights on the receiver and I have a DX5C does anybody now where is the channel 3 on it for the lights? I was reading the Manuel but I didn’t see on that function for the lights..thank you!🙏🏼

D179E286-DA82-44C9-AE24-7AE1722105B1.png

EFF15F3F-9DCD-47DC-B55E-A28780ED0EB5.png

IIRC, you need to disable AVC to use channels 3 & 4. Default setting (I believe) is that channels 3 & 4 are reserved for AVC gain steering/throttle. Someone please correct me if I have that wrong.
Yes I believe you're correct, though he should still have one channel available to control the lights.

@dan207265_RC - I believe "aux assign" is the setting you're trying to locate within the transmitter menu.

Yes I believe you're correct, though he should still have one channel available to control the lights.

@dan207265_RC - I believe "aux assign" is the setting you're trying to locate within the transmitter menu.
Yeah, that leaves channel 5 for AUX functionality.

That’s
Maybe you could put it on an AUX channel or batt channel.
Oh yeah I think my friend did on an AUX but it just we can’t figure out on turning them on the DX5C transmitter
IIRC, you need to disable AVC to use channels 3 & 4. Default setting (I believe) is that channels 3 & 4 are reserved for AVC gain steering/throttle. Someone please correct me if I have that wrong.
Really I’m gonna look on that when I get home if that works cuz it’s 5 channel receiver…

^^^
Only if you are running an AVC Rx and AVC is "Enabled". Then chan 3 and 4 are not available/assignable. Channel 3 and 4 can only be used for simple +/- BEC power in this scenario. Like Fans or direct always "ON" lighting.. Just not for radio controlled "Switching" purposes. Signal's center pin out circuit (on chan 3 and 4 respectively), is reserved for AVC Throttle and Steering Gain and Priority controls on the DX5C.
Otherwise just use an available Aux channel.
I have done this several times before with AVC enabled and switched lighting on my DX5C. (Aux ch) While also plugged a Fan right into Chan 3 , no issues. BEC power is always available at each channel. Most Brand Tx/Rx's are like this.

Last edited:
^^^
Only if you are running an AVC Rx and AVC is "Enabled". Then chan 3 and 4 are not available/assignable. Channel 3 and 4 can only be used for simple +/- BEC power in this scenario. Like Fans or direct always "ON" lighting.. Just not for radio controlled "Switching" purposes. Signal's center pin out circuit (on chan 3 and 4 respectively), is reserved for AVC Throttle and Steering Gain and Priority controls on the DX5C.
I have done this several times before with AVC enabled and switched lighting on my DX5C. (Aux ch) While also plugged a Fan right into Chan 3 , no issues. BEC power is always available at each channel. Most Brand Tx/Rx's are like this.
So ur saying that I need to disable the AVC channel and have available for the light…sorry I’m just new on this transmitter..lol

^^^
Someone told me that this will work too because the one I got was wrong..

D7919552-EA30-461D-A77D-05469F6A9477.png

Someone told me that this will work too because the one I got was wrong..

View attachment 259206

Hi @SrC is correct...

I have the DX5C, and I am an AVC nutball on all my rigs, and I run lights on all them as well. I used the exact switch you posted to control my lights. Here is my Infraction setup to turn lights on/off from the G switch and I have AVC running.

1669750970758.png
1669750982986.png

Hi @SrC is correct...

I have the DX5C, and I am an AVC nutball on all my rigs, and I run lights on all them as well. I used the exact switch you posted to control my lights. Here is my Infraction setup to turn lights on/off from the G switch and I have AVC running.

View attachment 259226View attachment 259227
Can I show me a picture how u have ur receiver on which one u have plug in if can bro..

Can I show me a picture how u have ur receiver on which one u have plug in if can bro..
Sure...

The mess of wires opening it up
1669780176139.png

Here is the adapter you have I just did some extra taping on the ends...being extra not needed
1669780242967.png

You can see I am in AUX3 which the last slot is AUX4. I have SR6100 in there and the 6110 which I have as well are the same setup. AVC is in use and working.

I have this same RX in my other rigs like the Big Rock and others with the adapter using the DX5C to turn lights on/off.
1669780343372.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back