where to buy hot racing parts in the UK?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Imo the crcu/m2c braces are far better than the hot racing ones. 🤷‍♂️
Yes the material is better, but the weakness is the screw going through the bottom of the chassis. My Hot Racing braces are 5 years old, I only replaced them this summer because I wanted black ones again instead of the de-anodized ones and the pressed in lock nuts were pretty much just nuts at this point. You will break or damage other parts long before you do damage to the chassis braces. To prove this theory I bought a set of $20ish dollar chassis braces off eBay. My only concern is that the holes do not go completely through the brace so if the screw shears off you are boned.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/234540753040

Yes the material is better, but the weakness is the screw going through the bottom of the chassis. My Hot Racing braces are 5 years old, I only replaced them this summer because I wanted black ones again instead of the de-anodized ones and the pressed in lock nuts were pretty much just nuts at this point. You will break or damage other parts long before you do damage to the chassis braces. To prove this theory I bought a set of $20ish dollar chassis braces off eBay. My only concern is that the holes do not go completely through the brace so if the screw shears off you are boned.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/234540753040
Braces of any make would be better if they were keyed like the talion/mojave to take the stress off the pin. Exactly why I drill mine out.

I too am looking for diff case alternatives. Particularly on the rear. I have 2 vitavons on a build and they are beautifully machined, require minimal shimming but sadly have crept up in price. I don't like how you have to buy the bulkhead and the cover separately with hr. I've seen others on here have good luck with the ali express ones. Can buy 4 for the price of a vitavon. 🤔

Braces of any make would be better if they were keyed like the talion/mojave to take the stress off the pin. Exactly why I drill mine out.
Each end should have 2 attachment points not 1. The rear really irks me as it makes the chassis brace essentially a lever instead of a brace.

Each end should have 2 attachment points not 1. The rear really irks me as it makes the chassis brace essentially a lever instead of a brace.
You mean like this... :cool:

IMG_3175.jpeg

Corally 1 - Arrma 0 ;):ROFLMAO:

Imo the crcu/m2c braces are far better than the hot racing ones. 🤷‍♂️
+1

Pretty much all mentioned above are way better than Hot Racing, especially if in the UK.
Vitavon is also very good for some parts. But may be as hard to source like HR is. $Practically$ speaking.

You mean like this... :cool:

View attachment 256073

Corally 1 - Arrma 0 ;):ROFLMAO:

The front one is keyed with the steering top plated and Corally countered the rear wanting to be a lever by adding in the 2 braces that run forward from the rear. Traxxas also did their rear like that on the Sledge. The long wheelbase Arrma vehicles should have bracing like that imho.

👆 just by nature of design renders that almost useless once that pin has sheared.
The front one is keyed with the steering top plated and Corally countered the rear wanting to be a lever by adding in the 2 braces that run forward from the rear. Traxxas also did their rear like that on the Sledge. The long wheelbase Arrma vehicles should have bracing like that imho.
Agreed. Imo the rake of the brace and how far back the chassis mounting point is makes it a lever. The corally one is a far shallower angle going right up to the cd. Makes it far less likely to tweak the rear end. I also like how the bodyposts come off of the forward braces you mentioned.

👆 just by nature of design renders that almost useless once that pin has sheared.

Agreed. Imo the rake of the brace and how far back the chassis mounting point is makes it a lever. The corally one is a far shallower angle going right up to the cd. Makes it far less likely to tweak the rear end. I also like how the bodyposts come off of the forward braces you mentioned.
Yeah it's pretty much useless at this point in time as I had mentioned the holes did not go all the way through the braces. I might buy another one and drill the holes all the way through

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back