Where to buy tekno shocks for kraton v3??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have bought all of mine from Dollar Hobbyz. They are, or used to be a kit breaker of Tekno vehicles but they seem to be all out of Tekno shocks now.

Damn. I just got this thing a week ago and it is super fun, but I've already broke and replaced a shock rod end and just figured I'd upgrade all the shocks since I'll probably bend or break one and I've heard great things about those shocks. This thing is freaking fast as hell even with factory gearing. I know I'm gonna break things so I figured I'd just start buying upgrade parts now.

It’s all good man...Tekno shocks are some of the best so they cost big $$$$. I’ve broken a few rod ends too...I’m trying to hold off until someone makes some shocks specifically for the Granite...or wait for Arrma to release their 4S line...those will most likely be aluminum AND work on the Granite. Really any of the racing brands will have good shocks, Tekno, Losi, Mugen, X-ray etc...if you can find some the right size then they will work just as well.

Once you find them....PM me and let me know so I can buy a set before you tell everyone else and they suddenly fly off the shelves ???

Damn. I just got this thing a week ago and it is super fun, but I've already broke and replaced a shock rod end and just figured I'd upgrade all the shocks since I'll probably bend or break one and I've heard great things about those shocks. This thing is freaking fast as hell even with factory gearing. I know I'm gonna break things so I figured I'd just start buying upgrade parts now.

If you haven't,
With your chassis on a stand, coffee can, whatever, with the wheels hanging down. Adjust your droop screws so you have to compress the shocks 3 or 4 mm to get them on the mounts. It keeps them from tearing out rod ends.

Does anyone have the part #'s needed to upgrade my Not?

I heard Tekno springs are better, ends are better... so is a whole shock better?

I heard Tekno springs are better, ends are better... so is a whole shock better?
Pretty much all and any information regarding Tekno shocks/springs is aimed at the V2 vehicles and is not applicable to V3 models.

So stick with what you have. As a basher you will never ever notice the difference between your shocks and the Teknos.

But do get the Tekno rod ends. https://www.amainhobbies.com/tekno-...3myyOi_SixztUDspFmlUdkv1fPPem_0xoCcEQQAvD_BwE
You also need these balls https://www.amainhobbies.com/tekno-rc-aluminum-6.8mm-pivot-ball-set-4-tkr5049a/p231724

Yes, Doesn't get any better than Tekno for shocks. The shocks on Arrma 6s line are pretty awesome though. Arrma really did a great job with the stock suspension. Shock rod ends are the one thing I always seem to break. That's the only thing I've broke on my big rock after 7-8 bash sessions lol

If you have a v3 I'm pretty sure arrma upgraded the suspension from the v2 thicker shafts I think from 4mm to 5mm so I would save the money and just repair the stock shocks and just refill them maybe buy new ends

Broke my first Tekno end last weekend. Landed on a garbage can out of a half pipe with my outcast. They were on the truck for about 6 months and had little to no discernible slop. So, while $25 or so seems a lot for 4 shock ends... they do hold up well.

Not me. I run stock and have only broken 2 between 4 trucks. One was when I slammed my Typhon into a steel pylon.
RPM's stretch and break pretty quick. I got 1 pack through before I stretched an RPM one until it ripped and popped off the ball.

Stocks do too. Just takes longer.

Bought the outcast July 26th, this was August 6th:
2018-0806-ArrmaAR330338-Stretched.jpg.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back