Where to buy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JT58

Very Active Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
  4. Talion
  5. Typhon TLR
  6. Vendetta
How can you tell which online resellers are authorized Arrma dealers? I’m planning to place an order this week and I’d jump on buying from Horizon directly with their free shipping that ends today but I’m on vacation and don’t want it to arrive before I get home. I’ve bought from Amain and Gonitro before but after reading the warranty post I want to make sure I buy from the right source.

How can you tell which online resellers are authorized Arrma dealers? I’m planning to place an order this week and I’d jump on buying from Horizon directly with their free shipping that ends today but I’m on vacation and don’t want it to arrive before I get home. I’ve bought from Amain and Gonitro before but after reading the warranty post I want to make sure I buy from the right source.
I bought my BRCC from Horizon (EBAY) and their shipping was very fast to me in South Louisiana....like in 48 hours I received it. At least this is in my experience.

Tower Hobbies and Horizon are basically the same company. They are both owned by Hobbico, so it doesn't really matter which one you get it from between the two, the money inevitably goes to the same place. ;)
I order all my stuff from Horizon and have had no issues and great customer service whenever I've had product or order questions.

Tower Hobbies and Horizon are basically the same company. They are both owned by Hobbico, so it doesn't really matter which one you get it from between the two, the money inevitably goes to the same place. ;)
I order all my stuff from Horizon and have had no issues and great customer service whenever I've had product or order questions.

I like Tower because they have the Easy Pay option without interest. I think that is an awesome option over Horizons Affirm with interest. Even if I don’t need to use I buy from Tower because of that.....I think that alone deserves some loyalty especially when the prices are the same.

Um what? You have that mixed around a little bit. Horizon bought out and now owns Hobbico and Tower Hobbies. The Hobbico name is no more.

I would buy from Tower Hobbies, Horizon, Amain first before going on eBay. The only vendors that I would buy from on eBay are the actual hobby shops as they are usually authorized retailers.

I use my LHS every chance I can. I urge everyone else to do the same. Otherwise someday you might need something that day and they might not be there. The internet is killing them. Anytime I possibly can I buy locally.

I get replacement parts and batteries at my LHS but I don’t typically have the money to buy a kit up front....or if I do I don’t want to drop it at once so I go the Easy Pay route.

I use my LHS every chance I can. I urge everyone else to do the same. Otherwise someday you might need something that day and they might not be there. The internet is killing them. Anytime I possibly can I buy locally.
That’s a tough one for me. I think the closest is about 1.5 hours away. I may give them a call though, it could be worth it if I can pick up everything in 1 shot.

I get replacement parts and batteries at my LHS but I don’t typically have the money to buy a kit up front....or if I do I don’t want to drop it at once so I go the Easy Pay route.
90% of the sellers on ebay that offer rc parts are hobby stores, at least the ones I buy parts from are. Might not be your lhs but it's someone else's so you technically are still supporting a hobby store.
And my lhs sucks, they don't sell any Arrma 99% of what they sell is Traxxas, they never have anything in stock for the vehicles I have that they do sell parts for and their prices are way above MSRP $120 for a $80 servo...... The next closest hobby store is a HobbyTown USA 5 hours in one direction or 4 hours 58 min in the other direction.

Last edited:
I would love to shop at a LHS like I did as a kid. The closest hobbies shop was Rocklin ca. A very affluent town, in placer county California, one of the fastest growing counties in the USA. Hobby town USA closed in January, and the other closed in early October, Right when I wanted to buy.
All I have is eBay, I don’t like my choices but?

90% of the sellers on ebay that offer rc parts are hobby stores, at least the ones I buy parts from are. Might not be your lhs but it's someone else's so you technically are still supporting a hobby store.
And my lhs sucks, they don't sell any Arrma 99% of what they sell is Traxxas, they never have anything in stock for the vehicles I have that they do sell parts for and their prices are way above MSRP $120 for a $80 servo...... The next closest hobby store is a HobbyTown USA 5 hours in one direction or 4 hours 58 min in the other direction.

Totally agree.
I'm in the exact same situation. I buy from ebay from hobby shops in the US.
My local shop, thats an hour away is Traxxas only and no chance they'll do anything else...unless we need airplanes. Good guys for sure and old school. They just don't have what I need.
The Arrma shop is 4.5 hours total drive time to and from Lafayette. They do carry Arrma and maybe if I'm passing through I'll spend with them but hard to make an entire day out of it.
I understand local in a big way. I make craft food for a living, work for a specialty farm and we promote local for countless reasons that can be backed up. I'll pay more for local automatically.
I've even considered buying into the lhs business but afraid margins aren't what we can do with food sales... granted, less employees, less labor, need fewer skilled employees. Still on the fence if anyone can help...
Either way, I mostly buy spares ahead of time and upgrades before my stuff breaks. I want to help the community and create value through service but where I live, we just don't have folks that are into RC. I'd do anything and have kicked around so many ideas but always preaching to myself. I post on FB and stuff like that...no bites. lol. I'll even let em try my rigs if I think they'll get hooked. lol
Tough game here in South Louisiana anyway.

Um what? You have that mixed around a little bit. Horizon bought out and now owns Hobbico and Tower Hobbies. The Hobbico name is no more.

I would buy from Tower Hobbies, Horizon, Amain first before going on eBay. The only vendors that I would buy from on eBay are the actual hobby shops as they are usually authorized retailers.

Yeah, my bad I meant Horizon owns them both, doh! Senior moment must have crept up on me there.

Also just as a fair warning.. Amain apparently had a data breach as two of the guy at my local track both had bullshit charges on their credit cards after ordering from them a few months ago (round July/August) . One of them was a brand new card and Amain was the only thing it was used on so it was def from them. Once a company has an issue like that, it's a big no-no from me.

Yeah, my bad I meant Horizon owns them both, doh! Senior moment must have crept up on me there.

Also just as a fair warning.. Amain apparently had a data breach as two of the guy at my local track both had bullshit charges on their credit cards after ordering from them a few months ago (round July/August) . One of them was a brand new card and Amain was the only thing it was used on so it was def from them. Once a company has an issue like that, it's a big no-no from me.

Guess you will not be staying at a Marriott any time soon then!

Also my “local” hobby store is a Hobbytown USA, and they do have some Arrma but they pushed Traxxas so much when I went there (even after I said I owned a few Arrma vehicles) that I said I wouldn’t be back.

I don't buy from tower because of this they don't have what u need in stock most of the time tower has got worse after the buy out

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back