Typhon Where to find Hop Ups

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JHert

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
Looking for some hop up parts for my Typhon mega 550. Can't seem to find much, I'm guessing parts from the typhon s3 blx are the same sizes but even looking for those hard to find. Any website recommendations or a better way to look for them?

What type of hop ups? Aesthetic or functional? Do you want more durability or more speed?

There’s GPM, Hot Racing, RPM, GKA, T-Bone, and much more. Even within Arrma’s own lines you can “hop up”, such as Typhon 6S shocks or motor/driveline upgrades, though opinions will vary on whether it’s wise to upgrade a MEGA too much. Often times buying another car works out to be close in price to upgrading everything needed.

If it were me I’d get a complete set of RPM arms, a DumboRC X4 or X6, and some Badlands Buggies or Duratrax Lockups, then call it a day. If you drive on street often Banditos are inexpensive and work great on asphalt.

Ok I'll look into those, for me I really just want to build it up and make it custom not to worried about the money spent. Just wanna build it. Already planning on doing a 3/4s motor upgrade just trying to find some parts to help manage the power and honestly make it look coll

If you want to upgrade to Typhon 3s parts (directly swaps) then jennysrc.com, but you need to check often because stuff goes out of stock fast but can come back in stock randomly. As far as other custom things in terms of looking cool you can start with bumper upgrades from T-bone racing, however they just announced conversion of their "made to order" business model to keeping parts in stock on the shelf in order to offer faster turnaround times so their website says everything out of stock until 3/9 while they make the changes.

If you end up going even further you could also do a truggy build and get monster truck sized tires on it and do some stuff with the suspension, but I don't have a Typhon so I don't know what all is involved but there's a lot of threads here with guys who have done similar that should help you out. The Typhon/Granite/Big Rock/Senton share many of the same parts, or parts that are cross compatible.

Oh and one of the basic upgrades everyone should do first is a stronger, metal gear servo. It doesn't add cool factor as far as looks but you will appreciate how much better it drives.

If you’re really considering a 3S/4S LiPo upgrade, here’s what you should buy. All of this can be bought on Jennys or eBay from kit breakers, which are taken off new cars and parted out.

13T HD input gear
37T 3S/4S differential
0.8mod or 32p pinion
3S or 4S slipper
BLX fixed or adjustable motor mount
LWB center driveshaft
Shock and diff fluids

There’s also a center driveshaft support brace and bearing that is better to have than not. You should also do a bearing swap from Jim’s or similar since you’re already ripping everything apart. Then it’s your motor and ESC of choice.

From there you’ll eventually want adjustable turnbuckles, better shocks, and better tires.

Snag a clear body and get creative, that would be the most obvious hop up. Get a Kraton 4S wing because they are awesome. Integy makes shock tower supports in different colors that I think look pretty cool and durable. They also make a ton of other parts in aluminum, like GPM/GKA/etc.

Good luck and have fun.

Looking for some hop up parts for my Typhon mega 550. Can't seem to find much, I'm guessing parts from the typhon s3 blx are the same sizes but even looking for those hard to find. Any website recommendations or a better way to look for them?
Save the money from hop ups for now... You'll need it for a brushless upgrade soon...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back