Outcast Where to find just the 8S ESC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarkMirror

Reaction score
I looked at the Arrma website (https://www.arrma-rc.com/) and used their schematic number provided to search for the 8S ESC to no avail.

Now according to the schematic, the part number is SPMXSE1160CP, but when I punch that in, it brings up the whole vehicle instead of the ESC.

Does anyone know how to search for the ESC a different way on their site?

Thank you!

That will work! I never even gave it a thought to look outside of the Arrma website because they always have everything in stock.

Some sites said they are due early December, but good old Horizon had them in stock.

I'm basically just trying to get an idea of how easy or hard it would be to get stock replacement parts. I'm starting to like the availability of Arrma parts. With other manufacturers of RC's, it has become a game of waiting up to almost two months just to get a simple shock tower or differential unless I want to buy them from Germany at twice the cost.

Just a heads up you can get great deals on parts pulled off new vehicles from jennysrc.com and justbashitrc.com. Jenny's is usually my go-to place, their in stock varies but they resupply often, only times they are slow is when there is a particular shortage of new vehicles for purchase. They carry lots of brands other than Arrma as well.

Once you get more familiar with the Arrma line you'll start to know which parts are the same/interchangeable across the lineup so if a part you need shows out of stock at jenny's under one particular model you can look and often will see it as in stock on a different model. This is because the inventory is organized the model of vehicle they are pulled from even through many of the parts are used in several vehicles.

Just a heads up you can get great deals on parts pulled off new vehicles from jennysrc.com and justbashitrc.com. Jenny's is usually my go-to place, their in stock varies but they resupply often, only times they are slow is when there is a particular shortage of new vehicles for purchase. They carry lots of brands other than Arrma as well.

Once you get more familiar with the Arrma line you'll start to know which parts are the same/interchangeable across the lineup so if a part you need shows out of stock at jenny's under one particular model you can look and often will see it as in stock on a different model. This is because the inventory is organized the model of vehicle they are pulled from even through many of the parts are used in several vehicles.
Thank you for the quick links!

I've used jennysrc.com; but the justbashitrc.com is a new one I never came across in all my searches for replacement parts.

I'll have to give that one a whirl to see what is there sometime.

I've used jennysrc.com; but the justbashitrc.com is a new one I never came across in all my searches for replacement parts.

JBI makes a lot of aftermarket billet parts for the 6s trucks but I found that they are not shopped as much as JRC for pulled stock parts. If JRC is sold out of something I need I check JBI and very often I find what I need in stock, plus the prices are comparable to JRC minus the shipping which tends to be a little higher.

Anyhow welcome to the forum. ?

Don't forget Lumidave35 on eBay.

Thanks for the Welcome!

I don't know how that Lumidave35 does it, but man that seller has been a real life saver at the prices he lets stuff go for!
I like that he breaks some stuff down farther, like selling just the front cvds instead of having to buy all of them.

I like that he breaks some stuff down farther, like selling just the front cvds instead of having to buy all of them.
No doubt; but what I was trying to figure out is how in the heck is he turning a profit when he is selling some items at least a quarter marked down? For example, if he bought ten Outcasts and broke them down to sell individual assemblies, there are still parts of the vehicle that no one needs for many, many years or never wears out (like a receiver box) and he would be stuck with left over parts from each unit that would have to be eaten as a loss.

I systematically did the math on breaking a vehicle down and calculating what each part would be worth as compared to a websites calculations based on shipping and tax......and I still can't figure out how he is turning a profit with eating losses from left over parts of a vehicle that just won't sell even if he is getting some type of discount for mass buying units.

Another example would be the fact that he sells tires in groups of four (complete set) versus most websites selling the tires in pairs (only two at a time) and he would be left with vehicles that have no tires and could only be broken down further for selling differential assemblies and a few other major components.

In other words, there is no feasible explanation as to how he would turn an overall profit just selling the constant wear items and being stuck with leftover carcasses that contain pieces that just won't sell or do not wear out; especially and particularly the stock electronics nobody wants. Add to that the fact that he is letting a full set of tires go for 25% off and being left with 85% of the vehicle to still sell (which at least 15% of the vehicle won't) leaves you wondering how in the heck someone could afford to pass savings on to the customer when they are buying the units in bulk and not being able to sell off every piece of the vehicle.

Just doesn't add up unless he is very wealthy and just sharing the wealth!

Furthermore, in his items descriptions, it states that the parts were removed from a brand new vehicle. That part particularly caught my attention, as that would mean he is indeed mass buying the whole vehicle and not just mass buying differentials or just the tires and so on and so on.

No doubt; but what I was trying to figure out is how in the heck is he turning a profit when he is selling some items at least a quarter marked down? For example, if he bought ten Outcasts and broke them down to sell individual assemblies, there are still parts of the vehicle that no one needs for many, many years or never wears out (like a receiver box) and he would be stuck with left over parts from each unit that would have to be eaten as a loss.

I systematically did the math on breaking a vehicle down and calculating what each part would be worth as compared to a websites calculations based on shipping and tax......and I still can't figure out how he is turning a profit with eating losses from left over parts of a vehicle that just won't sell even if he is getting some type of discount for mass buying units.

Another example would be the fact that he sells tires in groups of four (complete set) versus most websites selling the tires in pairs (only two at a time) and he would be left with vehicles that have no tires and could only be broken down further for selling differential assemblies and a few other major components.

In other words, there is no feasible explanation as to how he would turn an overall profit just selling the constant wear items and being stuck with leftover carcasses that contain pieces that just won't sell or do not wear out; especially and particularly the stock electronics nobody wants. Add to that the fact that he is letting a full set of tires go for 25% off and being left with 85% of the vehicle to still sell (which at least 15% of the vehicle won't) leaves you wondering how in the heck someone could afford to pass savings on to the customer when they are buying the units in bulk and not being able to sell off every piece of the vehicle.

Furthermore, in his items descriptions, it states that the parts were removed from a brand new vehicle. That part particularly caught my attention, as that would mean he is indeed mass buying the whole vehicle and not just mass buying differentials or just the tires and so on and so on.
I would guess he is finding places stuck with vehicles they can’t sell, possibly retail, and making offers to take everything they don’t want to keep in stock for one price at a cut rate. Someone knowledgeable will know that parts from one unpopular variant or colour will fit other more popular models, and if he can get a good enough deal buying in bulk there could be plenty of margin. Individual sellers like that on eBay and Amazon are often doing retail arbitrage where they buy stock from brick-and-mortar shops at cut rates and then sell online. Combine that with the kit breaker model and it seems there is a business model that works for a few people.

I would guess he is finding places stuck with vehicles they can’t sell, possibly retail, and making offers to take everything they don’t want to keep in stock for one price at a cut rate. Someone knowledgeable will know that parts from one unpopular variant or colour will fit other more popular models, and if he can get a good enough deal buying in bulk there could be plenty of margin. Individual sellers like that on eBay and Amazon are often doing retail arbitrage where they buy stock from brick-and-mortar shops at cut rates and then sell online. Combine that with the kit breaker model and it seems there is a business model that works for a few people.
That would only make sense up to a point about places being stuck with vehicles they can't sell. Meaning, his items are current and wouldn't explain how another company couldn't sell the latest and greatest RC vehicle. I guess an example would be of a discontinued item such as an E-Maxx Brushless that fits what you are saying about retail versus availability.

The challenge would then become to find a brand new E-Maxx Brushless although many parts of the E-Maxx Brushless are compatible with currently available models, it is still almost impossible to find a brand new (NIB) E-Maxx Brushless at a fair or sane price.

In any regards, he obviously has figured out a system that undercuts brick and mortar standards at every turn and earns him some sustainable level of flipping parts at a discount unseen by other competitors.

I looked at the Arrma website (https://www.arrma-rc.com/) and used their schematic number provided to search for the 8S ESC to no avail.

Now according to the schematic, the part number is SPMXSE1160CP, but when I punch that in, it brings up the whole vehicle instead of the ESC.

Does anyone know how to search for the ESC a different way on their site?
Spektrum Firma 160A
This has the upgraded 1/5th scale reciever/servo box foundation.

Attachments

• 16048987420295275125476903660171.jpg
    16048987420295275125476903660171.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

I checked out both of those websites and i saw alot of shiny parts. Justbashit didnt have much for my OC8S. Should i use the Kraton 8s parts? And are they the same?

One thing I have noticed is that not all of their stuff is priced less than retail.
As an example Jennys has the complete set of Hoss driveshafts listed for $34.97 plus shipping, retail they are $12 a pair ($24 total) with free shipping.

I checked out both of those websites and i saw alot of shiny parts. Justbashit didnt have much for my OC8S. Should i use the Kraton 8s parts? And are they the same?
The schematics of each vehicle should tell you if the part numbers are the same. I'm still studying the drawings myself and couldn't say for sure what is compatible and what is not.

I'm new to the Arrma brand; but I'm sure someone on here could answer your questions with better certainty than myself.

Back