Granite Which 3s Arrma is best for driving on grass - Granite, Big Rock, or Typhon?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kld033

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Title says it all. I'm looking for a 3s 4x4 to use at the local parks. Think soccer fields and such.

Which model is best suited for driving on grass fields? Originally I wanted a Typhon because of the 17mm hexes, but I'm worried that the lower ground clearance will overheat the motors on grass.

So what's best for grass? I'm avoiding the Senton because I don't want to have to constantly clean grass and dirt out of the body.

Thanks!

In grass, big tires and high ground clearance wins every time. The V3 Big Rock, with the longer suspension arms and extra ground clearence should do great on mowed park grass.

I do run my Granite in mowed park grass, and it does pretty good. If you are looking at un-mowed parks (retention ponds and similar, that only get mowed once a month), then you need to be looking at the 6s Outcast/Kraton. They kind of ignore grass up to about 6" deep.

Title says it all. I'm looking for a 3s 4x4 to use at the local parks. Think soccer fields and such.

Which model is best suited for driving on grass fields? Originally I wanted a Typhon because of the 17mm hexes, but I'm worried that the lower ground clearance will overheat the motors on grass.

So what's best for grass? I'm avoiding the Senton because I don't want to have to constantly clean grass and dirt out of the body.

Thanks!
Buy the Typhon and put some MX28s on it ??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back