Typhon Which 3s model do you recommend?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evildoublez

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking to purchase a 1/8 scale 3s Arma but I'm not quite sure which one. Is there a difference in out-of-the-box top speed between the three (I read somewhere that the talion is faster than the typhon, and the senton is the fastest)? Secondly, I do a lot of driving in the sand, dirt, and grass, and of course jumping. So, I'm wondering if the typhons clearance may be too low. Thoughts?
Thanks in advance!

Hey @Evildoublez, welcome to the forum! The 1/8 scale line are the 6S variant and the 1/10 scale line are 3S. Which of those are you wanting to go with? I’m assuming 6S from the way your post is reading but I’d like to verify.

Welcome, The Typhon 1/8 comes in 3s and 6s. The Talion and Typhon 1/8 6s are rated at 70 mph. They are both fast. The Talion is built for speed with its low slung body. Typhon may be lighter but not as aerodynamic. Senton is not aerodynamic and doubt it's fast like the others as it's not a speed rig. If you're looking for speed and off road handling the Talion of Typhon would be good. If price is a factor for 3s the Typhon in 1/8 fits the bill.

Hi, I'm looking to purchase a 1/8 scale 3s Arma but I'm not quite sure which one. Is there a difference in out-of-the-box top speed between the three (I read somewhere that the talion is faster than the typhon, and the senton is the fastest)? Secondly, I do a lot of driving in the sand, dirt, and grass, and of course jumping. So, I'm wondering if the typhons clearance may be too low. Thoughts?
Thanks in advance!

I have a Typhon 3s and I believe the clearance actually falls in the middle of the spectrum. The Senton is lowest with the Big Rock and Granite having a slightly higher ride height than the Typhon. As others have said, Talion is not available in 3S, but I believe it's been speculated that the Senton is the fastest of the 3s variants because it has a 20 tooth pinion. My Typhon with a fully charged SMC 3s 5400 mAh 90C lipo came in at 47.5 mph on GPS. That run was done on asphalt and was recorded using my phone, so that definitely added a little bit of weight to the unit. The Typhon will run pretty well in the grass at my house, but I cut the lawn to 2.5" to aid in that. The Typhon is a good choice for grass though just in the sense that the body doesn't cover the wheels. The more sealed nature of the buggy body means less junk gets in while running.

Thanks in advance!

If you want to stay in the 3S line, I personally would go to the Typhon BLX 3S. It has the same chassis as the Senton BLX 3S and Big Rock BLX 3S. These are the long chassis versions of the 3S line. Technically the only 1/8 scale out of that group is the Typhon. The others are considered 1/10 scale, even though it’s just really a body change for the most part.

I made the mistake of buying the shorter chassis based Granite BLX 3S and am now buying parts to change it over to a Typhon. That will cost me $130 for all the Typhon specific parts. But it’s still cheaper than throwing $300 at another car.

Hope that helps!

In regards to the 3s line; Senton would be the fastest out of the box by up to a few MPHs, but has the lowest clearance. Big Rock/Granite have a higher center of gravity to handle the sand and thick grass you will be driving on. Typhon would be a happy medium, especially if you throw on some MT wheels/tires when the terrain gets too gnarly.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back