Outcast Which 8s tire is best for my situation?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigtim29

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion
Sorry in advance this is for an xmaxx. Figured I’d ask here since people seem more knowledged here. Anyways, which tire is best for the xmaxx? Runnings the stock motor and 18/46 gearing. I like to drive around at construction sites and grass fields and do big jumps into grass only. Currently am running duratrax lockup x tires. They’re great tires but they are pretty heavy in my opinion and make the truck handle a little worse. Also the rims crack very easily from jumps.

About a week into owning the xmaxx, one of my stock tires blew out, so no going back to those unless thicker diff fluid can help prevent the tire blowouts.

I think I’ve narrowed it down to the 8s copperhead exb tires or the O8S backflip tires. I will have to purchase tire adapters for these, but does anyone have experience with durability of the rims and tires of those two?

I like the original k8s copperheads. I don't like the heavier tires and wheels and they are cheaper. I have blown them out though, so you need to keep up with regluing them. Ive also cracked the spokes of the rims but not so bad that they are not usable. My k8s with batteries is pushing 30lbs. I think your xmaxx is quite a bit lighter so they should be pretty good. Also arent the copperheads offset and the bf are not? someone correct me if I'm wrong...

I like the original k8s copperheads. I don't like the heavier tires and wheels and they are cheaper. I have blown them out though, so you need to keep up with regluing them. Ive also cracked the spokes of the rims but not so bad that they are not usable. My k8s with batteries is pushing 30lbs. I think your xmaxx is quite a bit lighter so they should be pretty good. Also arent the copperheads offset and the bf are not? someone correct me if I'm wrong...
Thanks buddy. I’ll keep that in mind. I’m good about reliving the tires so that isn’t an issue. Does anyone know if thicker diff fluid front and rear will prevent tire blowouts? I’m talking when the tire blows out in the middle of the tread towards the side.

You blew out the tires on the K8s EXB? I haven’t had that happen yet. Are they blowing out during bashing or running on the streets?

You blew out the tires on the K8s EXB? I haven’t had that happen yet. Are they blowing out during bashing or running on the streets?
no, the originals. I like them better because they are lighter. I know the new exbs are more durable but I'm trying to keep weight off of this thing, especially at the extremities.

Sorry in advance this is for an xmaxx. Figured I’d ask here since people seem more knowledged here. Anyways, which tire is best for the xmaxx? Runnings the stock motor and 18/46 gearing. I like to drive around at construction sites and grass fields and do big jumps into grass only. Currently am running duratrax lockup x tires. They’re great tires but they are pretty heavy in my opinion and make the truck handle a little worse. Also the rims crack very easily from jumps.

About a week into owning the xmaxx, one of my stock tires blew out, so no going back to those unless thicker diff fluid can help prevent the tire blowouts.

I think I’ve narrowed it down to the 8s copperhead exb tires or the O8S backflip tires. I will have to purchase tire adapters for these, but does anyone have experience with durability of the rims and tires of those two?
That's kind of weird that your rims crack easily on those duratrax. I've given mine hell for months and they are still good. But I only run on concrete, dirt and grass. I guess the construction site might be too much for them? I actually think that Xmaxx is more stable with the lockups since they don't balloon. I tried putting the Outcast 8s tires on one of my X-Maxx trucks with those bigger nuts that they sell but there was play (back and forth). I'm not sure what happened there so honestly I ditched that idea. The O8S tires are great. The K8S EXB tires are way bigger and heavier than the O8S tires so I wouldn't try those TBH. I've seen other people try putting those same nuts that I sold with 24mm tires and they didn't have issues. 🤔. Jason Perrin on YT is one of them. He didn't mention any issues. I'll try to find the video for you

Check out that video

Last edited:
That's kind of weird that your rims crack easily on those duratrax. I've given mine hell for months and they are still good. But I only run on concrete, dirt and grass. I guess the construction site might be too much for them? I actually think that Xmaxx is more stable with the lockups since they don't balloon. I tried putting the Outcast 8s tires on one of my X-Maxx trucks with those bigger nuts that they sell but there was play (back and forth). I'm not sure what happened there so honestly I ditched that idea. The O8S tires are great. The K8S EXB tires are way bigger and heavier than the O8S tires so I wouldn't try those TBH. I've seen other people try putting those same nuts that I sold with 24mm tires and they didn't have issues. 🤔. Jason Perrin on YT is one of them. He didn't mention any issues. I'll try to find the video for you

Check out that video
Yeah I jump my vehicles pretty high up into a grass field which is down a hill. They crack fairly easily but I’ve been putting tire glue (ic2000) on the cracks and it’s been a little better but the glue busts eventually. I’ve been running the stock motor and plan to continue that, the stock motor doesn’t care for the duratrax tires, it heats up pretty quick with the 18/46 gearing.

Yeah I jump my vehicles pretty high up into a grass field which is down a hill. They crack fairly easily but I’ve been putting tire glue (ic2000) on the cracks and it’s been a little better but the glue busts eventually. I’ve been running the stock motor and plan to continue that, the stock motor doesn’t care for the duratrax tires, it heats up pretty quick with the 18/46 gearing.
Yeah unfortunately the stock motor sucks for extreme stuff. That's why I have the HW MAX 5 and 1100kv 5687 motor with 25/35 gearing on my trucks. I've compared it to a stock motor and Max 6 truck that I had for a few months and didn't notice much of a difference in breakages so going bigger is definitely worth it 👍

Yeah unfortunately the stock motor sucks for extreme stuff. That's why I have the HW MAX 5 and 1100kv 5687 motor with 25/35 gearing on my trucks. I've compared it to a stock motor and Max 6 truck that I had for a few months and didn't notice much of a difference in breakages so going bigger is definitely worth it 👍
I have the money, problem is I’m going to college in the fall and am trying to save as much as I can while still having fun. I would love to get a max 5 combo but then you gotta factor in new mod 1.5 gears, new spur gear shaft, new motor Mount, and new esc Mount. I’m not trying to drop too much money into this thing yet but trust me I want to😂. Would you recommend the o8s backflip tires over the stock xmaxx tires?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back