Which Arrma model is the Traxxas Maxx competitor?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheWrongDude

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Talion
Which Arrma model is the Traxxas Maxx competitor? Is it the Notorious or Kraton 6s or is it something all together different? Thx in advance

I never understood the Maxx... for the same money, you can get a Kraton 6s. Way more stable, way better built, way better value, if you ask me.
100% True!

I own both , untill I put the new wide kit on the MAXX , the Kraton or nortoriouse we're in a whole better class , with the wide kit the Maxx is much closer competitor , it was nothing but a real fast beach ball out of the box , but Arrma has really hit a home run on there per dollar quality , can't beat it , FORGETABOUTIT. !!!

The closest I can think of is actually the big rock 3s. Same wheelbase, similar tires and stance. Narrow and known to roll just like the maxx.

but if you want to get closer, I think that an hybrid of an outcast, with the Mojave arms and towers giving you less width and soft and long travel suspension, using the crew cab body and tires (on a 17mm 2.8” wheels) will basically give you a metal 6s maxx

Last edited:
So far Ive heard Granite, BR, Kraton and OC4S, but don't think anyone of these are a direct competitor.

The first 3 answers were right, clearly the Kraton 4S is the competitor.

Edit: I guess it depends on what you mean by competitor, I define it as similar size, speed, type of vehicle. Some people start with price and then try to find the closest vehicle at that price, but personally I think that's stupid.

I do a lot of comparisons of 4wd 1/10 race buggies. Some are $350, some are $650. Guess what, they are still competitors aimed at beating each other in the same market segment. You're not going to take a $650 1/10 race buggy and then say its competitor is a $600 Infraction or something... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Well I didn't say Kraton 4s because it more of a low slung truggy, whereas the Maxx is a bonafied high centered MT in comparison. Like apples and oranges IMO, so make your own comparison, everyone has a opinion and I don't really care what's it compared too.

I was not convided at first by the Maxx, but to be honest, it seems pretty durable, i even think it is more durable than the 3s or 4s BLX.

As Already said, can we really compare chassis which are different? The Maxx is an expensive big 1/10 MT (the proline is also claimed as a 1/10 but small in comparison) when the Arrmas are more affordable with flat chassis. The only similarity can be the final size, but the handling is different, the drive train is different.

As i managed to get a brand new 1/7 Hobao Hyper MT sport II for less than the price than a Maxx, a way bigger truck, powerfull and pretty solid also, i'm still thinking that the Maxx is expensive for what it is. We can't compare orange and apple at this point, but i'm pretty surprised by what i get with the Hobao for less than the Maxx and this big monster truck doesn't have to blush in front of the Maxx.

I don't think it is really stupid to compare by the price. Everybody have a budget for buying rc. From your budget, what can you get? The result is that you can have a choice between cars which can be very different but competitor about the price. You want a RC, you want to have fun, each one of these cars can provide you this, it isn't a competition on a track with technical restriction at this point. This is how i look the Maxx, what can i get for the same price, and there is lot of choice at this price point, even for bigger cars which can handle better. The Maxx handling can maybe be better with the wider a-arms upgrade, but this make it even more expensive.

What was the plan of TRX? Did they know that the Maxx will rollover too easily to sell upgrades (we know that TRX like to sell upgrades), or did they realize, aftermath, that at this price this is something not good for the truck and finally quickly put upgrades to resolve this on the market? This is something they did with the 6s X-maxx and after the 8s.

Last edited:
Edit: I guess it depends on what you mean by competitor, I define it as similar size, speed, type of vehicle. Some people start with price and then try to find the closest vehicle at that price, but personally I think that's stupid.

I do a lot of comparisons of 4wd 1/10 race buggies. Some are $350, some are $650. Guess what, they are still competitors aimed at beating each other in the same market segment. You're not going to take a $650 1/10 race buggy and then say its competitor is a $600 Infraction or something... :rolleyes:
I guess I would define competitors based on covering the same need. For race buggies, then the class of the car define who is a competitor, but for a bashing car, I would say price and size is the argument.

By this standard I would say that the 6s outcast is the most direct competitor.

I'm having a hard time understanding why you are looking for a competitor, it's all theory and personal opinions ? but what does it bring to you?
Do you want advice which one to buy?

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back