Which battery is the old one?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
Hello, I have 2 2s 30c batteries. I used one of them for 1 year more. One charges in 1 hours the other in 1 and a half. Which is the old one? The one that charges faster or the one that charges slower?

Unfortunately the speed of charging does not tell you much. Likely the charger balancing the old battery will take longer but not for sure. Hook up a battery chacker to the lipo. Get the internal resistance of the cells. IR should be a good bit higher on the well used pack. Some chargers will also give you the IR while charging. When you have a cell around 20ir it may be time to retire as the run time will be decreased. I keep one old battery around for testing purposes.

What charger are you using? If you are charging at the same amp rate they should take the same amount of time regardless of age. The difference like Granitefox stated might be down to one battery taking longer to balance. Most likely the older battery.

Hello, I have 2 2s 30c batteries. I used one of them for 1 year more. One charges in 1 hours the other in 1 and a half. Which is the old one? The one that charges faster or the one that charges slower?
I'm not good at math.

If an electric train is going West at 86mph, and the wind is blowing East at 33mph, which way is the smoke blowing? 🤷‍♂️ 🤭

What charger are you using? If you are charging at the same amp rate they should take the same amount of time regardless of age. The difference like Granitefox stated might be down to one battery taking longer to balance. Most likely the older battery.
S150 spectrum.
What charger are you using? If you are charging at the same amp rate they should take the same amount of time regardless of age. The difference like Granitefox stated might be down to one battery taking longer to balance. Most likely the older battery
One of the batteries was also not being balanced some months since I had a crappy charger. Makes enough Sense
I'm not good at math.
I asked for the same reason 🤣

Well if you plan on growing within the hobby ditch the 150. I believe the 150 is only for the G1 batteries but not 100%. For G2 you could go with the S155 and it will give you the battery history (i.e. number of cycles) No balance leads so you are kinda trapped into the Spek G2 environment. If they are the Gen1 spektrum batteries, with balance leads, you have more options. With G1 simply pickup a battery checker off amazon....they are cheap. It will give you the IR per cell. If G1 packs there are many good options available outside of the Spektrum chargers.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back