Which brand of tires?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacX3

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
  3. Vorteks
Proline, traxxas or duratrax tires/wheels? Which brand of tires is your go too, you prefer or doesn't matter at all as along they perform on the road or track? I heard proline it better, top notch, little pricey but worth it. What's your opinion?

I still have to test my louise (duratrax) wheels so cant say but i just find proline way expensive.

They are all a mixed bag from my experience. Depends on the size tire and its application. You will get a hundred different answers. Just jump in and buy what your wallet allows. Also a very subjective topic regarding which brand is better. Tried them all. If you narrow down to a specific brand and model tire, you may get better advice based on experience from others here. :cool:
Proline has let me down with poor QC with gluing. Fell apart when new. etc., yet a well known brand I have used for over 20 years. I spread the wealth abit now and try many brands. But again is subjective. Its just like Scale car tires. Name brands don't always give the best performance. Terrain matters and what you want in a tire. Again just jump in and try a set of something. Proline's are over priced IMHO. Just me. Sweep Racing is a favorite of mine lately. But have drawbacks also. What is your application?
Edit: Arrma Dboots are good also. OE tires and wheels. If coming from OE ties/wheels and expecting better in a Proline for instance, you may be disappointed. Sometimes you are paying for looks and this is what sways your decision. I only care about durability and traction.

Last edited:
I go for looks and pormance either or, depends what's having like a race or just around my neighborhood on the rood and what my wallet can afford, doesn't matter the brand for me.

I am fine with plain Jane flat white Dish 1/8 truggy tires for my Kraton , Noto etc. I use Duratrax X-cons as of late. ( Zero offset) The gluing is superb. They are common with Track racing. So they are dependable. Just not "Fancy". Just great traction and are low profile with little ballooning. Just that pins wear out faster on pavement or anything other than dirt. The more visually appealling knobby MT wheels/tires that have fancy spokes etc. seem more attractive yet much heavier, Many don't like the looks of plain jane wheels. I get that. But I get my moneys worth out of them though.

For grass, backflip MT's on my big trucks (e-revo 2.0 and outcast 6S) and backflip LP's on my maxx 4s (running 6S).

I used to run trencher 3.8's on my big trucks, but found them to be heavy and their traction to be wanting. Once I started running backflips, I realized how heavy they were and how little traction I had.

I wrap all of them with 550lb cored kevlar cord to keep them from ballooning/blowing off the wheels. I don't know if it's necessary, but I'd rather not risk it. I did that with all the 6S tires I ran.

On my stampede 4x4 (slash chassis), I'm a bit limited. I like the ground clearance and less rolling resistance 3.8 LP tires gives me, but without finding really wide offset wheels, I can only run what fits. The tires I run are some cheap amazon specials, but the wheels are like 3/4" offset and combined with my +10mm hubs, they just clear the body, unless I land a jump and turn at the same time, then they bang up on it a bit.

On my ejato, I run trenchers up front (which are pretty useless in the grass) and duratrax faze mt 2.8's on the rear, which grip a crazy amount in the grass. I had all 2.8" trenchers on it, but they were totally useless in the grass on a 2wd truck. So I went with something a bit more aggressive and the faze mt's don't disappoint.

Back